Kirk Baxter is an Australian film editor. He has worked with director David Fincher and editor Angus Wall several times, winning Academy Awards for The Social Network and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.
Baxter was raised in Sydney, Australia and commenced his career as an editor there. He had been noted primarily for his work editing commercials, and co-founded a commercial editing firm named Final Cut. In 2004 he joined Angus Wall's firm Rock Paper Scissors, which also does a good deal of commercial work. Baxter then worked with Wall as an "additional editor" on Fincher's film Zodiac. When Wall was chosen to edit The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, he proposed to Fincher that Baxter be the co-editor, and they have since worked together on Fincher's subsequent films.
Baxter and Wall were nominated for the Academy Award for Film Editing, the BAFTA Award for Best Editing, and the American Cinema Editors Eddie Award for their work on The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. For their work on The Social Network, Baxter and Wall won an Oscar and a BAFTA in 2011. The following year, they won a second Oscar for The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.
Filmography (as editor) 
|2008||The Curious Case of Benjamin Button||David Fincher||Nominated—Academy Award for Best Film Editing
Nominated—BAFTA Award for Best Editing
|2010||The Social Network||Academy Award for Best Film Editing
BAFTA Award for Best Editing
Nominated—Satellite Award for Best Editing
|2011||The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo||Academy Award for Best Film Editing
Broadcast Film Critics Association Award for Best Editing
- "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button: Picture Editor Kirk Baxter". Movieset. Retrieved 2009-03-25.
- Vines, Emily (19 August 2005). "Kirk Baxter Heads West". Shoot.
- Caranicas, Peter (6 February 2009). "Editing duos realize helmers' visions". Variety.
- "Rock Paper Scissors: Kirk Baxter's works". Retrieved 2009-03-25.
- Kirk Baxter at the Internet Movie Database.
- Peters, Oliver (27 December 2009). "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button". Videography. Retrieved 2009-03-11.