Kirk Ella and West Ella
|Kirk Ella and West Ella|
|Primary council||East Riding of Yorkshire|
|Region||Yorkshire and the Humber|
|• Type||Parish Council|
|• UK Parliament||Haltemprice and Howden|
|• EU Parliament||Yorkshire and the Humber|
|Population (2011 census)|
|Website||Kirk Ella and West Ella Parish Council|
Kirk Ella and West Ella (or Kirk Ella parish) is a civil parish in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. It is situated 5 miles (8 km) to the west of Kingston upon Hull city centre and contains the village suburb of Kirk Ella and the village of West Ella.
The civil parish is located at the northwestern edge of the suburbs of Kingston upon Hull, within the East Riding of Yorkshire. The parish is bounded by the former route of the Hull and Barnsley Railway to the northeast, including an embanked section, and part of the route converted to the B1232 road; by the A164 road to the west and northwest; and by the B1231 to the south.
Kirk Ella forms much of the eastern part of the parish, and its urban spread is contiguous with Willerby and Anlaby outside the parish to the northeast and east. The western part of the parish includes the small village of East Ella, and undeveloped land, including a golf course, and woods. The civil parishes of Anlaby with Anlaby Common, Swanland, Skidby and Willerby are to the south, west, northwest, and north east respectively.
- "Key Figures for 2011 Census: Key Statistics: Area: Kirk Ella CP (Parish)". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 16 October 2014.
- "Area: Kirk Ella (Parish)". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 23 September 2014.
- Ordnance Survey 2006 1:25000
- "Parish Name: Kirk Ella and West Ella" (PDF). 2001 Census Area Profile. East Riding of Yorkshire County Council. 2004. Archived from the original on 18 March 2012. Retrieved 8 February 2013.
- "2001 Census: Key Statistics: Parish Headcounts: Area: Kirk Ella CP (Parish)". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 16 October 2014.
- Gazetteer — A–Z of Towns Villages and Hamlets. East Riding of Yorkshire Council. 2006. pp. 7, 11.
Media related to Kirk Ella and West Ella at Wikimedia Commons