|Population (2011 Estimate)|
|Time zone||EAT (UTC+3)|
Kiruhura is located approximately 65 kilometres (40 mi), by road, northeast of Mbarara, the largest city in the sub-region. This location lies approximately 247 kilometres (153 mi), by road, southwest of Kampala, the capital of Uganda, and the largest city in that country. The coordinates of the town are:0°12'36.0"S, 30°49'48.0"E (Latitude:-0.2100; Longitude:30.8300).
In 2002, the national population census put the towns population at about 10,240. In 2010, the Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS), estimated the population of Kiruhura at about 13,500. In 2011, UBOS estimated the mid-year population of the town at 14,000.
Points of interest
The following points of interest lie within the town limits or close to its edges:
- The headquarters of Kiruhura District Administration
- Kiruhura Town Hall - The building housing the town council offices was opened on 26 January 2010
- Rushere Community Hospital - A 200 bed community hospital affiliated with the Church of Uganda, located approximately 12 kilometres (7.5 mi), by road, west of Kiruhura.
- A branch of Equity Bank - Located in Rushere, 12 kilometres (7.5 mi) west of town.
- Rwakitura State House - The country home of the current President of Uganda is located in Rwakitura, not far from Kiruhura.
- "Distance Between Mbarara And Kiruhura With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 7 June 2014.
- "Map Showing Kampala And Kiruhura With Distance Marker". Globefeed.com.
- Google, . "Location of Kiruhura At Google Maps". Google Maps. Retrieved 7 June 2014.
- UBOS, . "Estimated Population of Kiruhura In 2002, 2010 And 2011". Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Retrieved 7 June 2014.
- Ssengendo, Abdulkarim (1 February 2010). "Kiruhura Town Clerk Asked to Plan Town Well". New Vision. Retrieved 7 June 2014.
- Mugisa, Anne (8 May 2007). "Janet Urges Medics On Infection Prevention". New Vision. Retrieved 7 June 2014.
- "Map Showing Kiruhura And Rushere With Distance Marker". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 7 June 2014.