|Elevation||3,600 ft (1,100 m)|
|Population (2014 Census)|
Kiryandongo is a town in Western Uganda. It is the main municipal, administrative and commercial center of Kiryandongo District. The district is named after the town. On some maps, the town is shown as Bweyale.
Kiryandongo is located on the main Gulu-Masindi Highway, approximately 50 kilometres (31 mi), by road, northeast of Masindi, the largest town in the sub-region. This location is approximately 225 kilometres (140 mi), by road, northwest of Kampala, Uganda's capital and largest city. The coordinates of the town are:1°57'09.0"N, 32°08'20.0"E (Latitude:1.9525; Longitude:32.1389).
In 2014, the national population census put the population of Bweyale (Kiryandongo) at 31,610.
Points of interest
The following points of interest lie within the town or close to its borders:
- The headquarters of Kiryandongo District Administration
- The offices of Kiryandongo Town Council
- Kiryandongo Central Market - The source of most fresh-produce in the town
- Kiryandongo Hospital - A 100-bed public hospital, administered by the Uganda Ministry of Health
- The Gulu-Masindi Highway - The highway passes through the middle of town, in a north to south direction.
- The town of Kigumba lies approximately 8 kilometres (5.0 mi), by road south of Kiryandongo
- Kigumba Petroleum Institute lies in the town of Kigumba.
- A branch of Orient Bank
- Kiryandongo District
- Bunyoro sub-region
- Western Region, Uganda
- Karuma Power Station
- List of cities and towns in Uganda
- UBOS, . (29 November 2014). "The Population of The Regions of the Republic of Uganda And All Cities And Towns of More Than 15,000 Inhabitants". Citypopulation.de Quoting Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Retrieved 27 February 2015.
- "Road Distance Between Masindi And Kiryandongo With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 15 April 2014.
- "Map Showing Kampala And Kiryandongo With Distance Marker". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 15 April 2014.
- Google, . "Location of Bweyale (Kiryandongo) At Google Maps". Google Maps. Retrieved 27 February 2015.