29 March 1925 |
|Political party||INC, Janata Party|
|Spouse(s)||Satyendra Narayan Sinha|
|As of 7 September, 2008
Kishori Sinha (Hindi: किशोरी सिन्हा ) (1925 —) is an Indian politician and a former Two-term Member of Parliament from the Vaishali constituency and is married to the former Chief Minister of Bihar and prominent Congressman Satyendra Narayan Sinha (affectionately called "Chhote Saheb" ), who was a seven-term MP, from the constituency of Aurangabad.  Her son Nikhil Kumar was the Governor of Kerala removed in February 2014
She completed her school education from Chapman High School Muzzafurpur. Thereafter, she graduated from Patna Women's college. Born in a politically influential family, she grew up in an intensely political atmosphere. Her grandfather, Rai Saheb Awadh Bihari Singh, was a prominent figure. Her father, Rameshwar Prasad Sinha, was a pivotal figure in the Indian independence movement, and was a Member of the Constituent Assembly of India.
Member of Parliament
She was elected as a member of the Parliament from Vaishali Lok Sabha constituency in 1980;becoming first woman to be elected from the constituency.She was re-elected in 1984.
- "Kishori Sinha, former MP". Election commission. Retrieved 2008-02-04.
- "Vaishali MP-Kishori Sinha". Parliament of India. Retrieved 2008-07-06.
- Official website. "PM condoles passing away of Satyendra Narayan Sinha". PM's Messages. Retrieved 2006-09-05.
- Magnificent Bihar. "Nikhil Kumar On Bihar". Archived from the original on 2007-12-08. Retrieved 2007-09-20.
- Home Page on the Parliament of India's Website]. "Member Bio Data". Loksabha. Retrieved 2006-09-25.
- Mere Sansmaran, an autobiography by Dr. Anugrah Narayan Sinha
- Anugrah Abhinandan Granth samiti. 1947 Anugrah Abhinandan Granth. Bihar.
- Anugrah Narayan cenetary year celebration Committee. 1987. Bihar Bibhuti : Vayakti Aur Kriti , Bihar.
- Bimal Prasad (editor). 1980. A Revolutionary's Quest: Selected Writings of Jayaprakash Narayan. Oxford University Press, Delhi.