|State||Jammu and Kashmir|
|• Total||2, 27, 976|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Block Kishtwar is the 1st block of Kishtwar District and Beron Town 1st Kishtwar is the 1st panchayat of Block Kishtwar, beron town panchayat consists of Panditgam, Zewar, Nagdera, Semmna and Wazgwari
- Padder tehsil is the most remote town of the district bordered by Zanskar to the east and towered by the Sickle Moon Peak.
Kishtwar District has 2 assembly constituencies: Inderwal and Kishtwar. Marwah consist 12 panchayats 1.Nowpachi2.Nowgam.3.yourdu.4 pethgam.5.Ranie A.6 Ranie B 7.Quderna.8 Quderna B.9 Chanjer.10 Dehrana.11 Hanzal.12.Teller
According to the 2011 census Kishtwar district has a population of 227,976, roughly equal to the nation of Vanuatu. This gives it a ranking of 586th in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 125 inhabitants per square kilometre (320 /sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 21.06%. Kishtwar has a sex ratio of 938 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 47.96%. [Male 58.66%, Female 36.55%].
Famous Personalities of Marwah Kishtwar
1-Mohmmad Ramzan 2-Poet Ambir Din 3-Poet Ahad Tak 4-Tawseef Ali Malik-Innovator
- "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- Statement showing the number of blocks in respect of 22 Districts of Jammu and Kashmir State including newly Created Districts dated 2008-03-13, accessed 2008-08-30
- "ERO's and AERO's". Chief Electoral Officer, Jammu and Kashmir. Retrieved 2008-08-28.
- US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". Retrieved 2011-10-01. "Vanuatu 224,564 July 2011 est."
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kishtwar district.|
||Anantnag district||Kargil district|
|Doda district||Chamba district, Himachal Pradesh||Lahaul and Spiti district, Himachal Pradesh|