Kisiizi Power Station
|Kisiizi Power Station|
Kisiizi Power Station is a 300kW (0.3MW) hydroelectric power station in Uganda.
The power station is located at the site of Kisiizi Waterfall, in the town of Kisiizi, Rukungiri District, in Western Uganda. This location is approximately 22 kilometres (14 mi), by road, south of Rukungiri, where the district headquarters are located. Kisiizi is located approximately 46 kilometres (29 mi), by road, north of Kabale, the largest city in the sub-region. The coordinates of Kisiizi Power Station are:00 59 44S, 29 57 45E (Latitude:-0.9956; Longitude:29.9625).
Kisiizi Power Station is the property of Kisiizi Power Company Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Kisiizi Hospital, a private, missionary hospital administered by the Church of Uganda, and is supported by an NGO based in the United Kingdom, known as Friends of Kisiizi. The current power station with capacity of 300kW (0.3MW) was commissioned in 2008. It replaced an older power plant with a maximum capacity of only 60kW (0.06MW). The power from the station is used by the hospital and its affiliated institutions. The surplus is sold to the greater Kisiizi community, including businesses and private homes.
- List of power stations in Uganda
- List of hydropower stations in Africa
- Energy in Uganda
- Kisiizi Hospital
- "Road Distance Between Rukungiri And Kisiizi With Map". Globefed.com. Retrieved 7 May 2014.
- "Map Showing Kabale And Kisiizi With Distance Marker". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 7 May 2014.
- "Kisiizi Hospital Project". Countess of Chester NHS Foundation Trust. Retrieved 7 May 2014.
- Newvision, Archive (1 January 2010). "Museveni Outlines Priorities In State-of-the-Nation Address". New Vision. Retrieved 7 May 2014.