The Kiss Kasket is an item of merchandise licensed by the rock band Kiss. It is an actual casket, decorated with a Kiss logo and pictures of the band members. In introducing the Kiss Kasket, Simmons quipped, "I love livin', but this makes the alternative look pretty damn good." The Kiss Kasket went on sale in 2001; as of 2008, it was no longer available from Kiss's website. As of February 2011, the second generation models of the Kiss Kasket became available on Kiss's website.
Reintroduction - second generation
- On December 1, 2010, Kissonline.com announced a new licensing agreement between Kiss and Eternal Image Inc. (a public company engaged in the design, manufacturing, and marketing of officially licensed memorial products) to design, manufacture, and market a limited edition line of official KISS branded memorial products. The line will reportedly include caskets, cremation urns, bronze memorials, memorial prayer cards, registry books, memorial candles, and pet cremation urns—all designed after the famous rock band's iconic images.
- On December 10, 2010, Wrap Wizard, a division of Sign & Graphic Solutions, Inc. located in Newnan, Georgia produced the first mock-up of the New and improved Kiss Kasket for Gene Simmons of Kiss.
- On December 15, 2010, Kissonline.com provided a sneak-peek and announced that the newest second generation Kiss Kaskets are in production.
- On December 31, 2010, Eternal Image, Inc. announced on its website that the latest Kiss Kaskets will be available for purchase by the end of February 2011.
- On February 14, 2011, Eternal Image, Inc. announced that two models of the Kiss Kasket (a premium model and a standard model) are now available.
- On February 14, 2011, Kissonline.com provided images and details of the two second-generation caskets.
- http://web.archive.org/web/*/www.kissonline.com/kasket/ information
- Kissonline.com, Entry of February 14, 2011 entitled, "Kiss Kaskets Now Available," accessed February 15, 2011.
- "“Dimebag” Darrell Was Buried In A Kiss Kasket With Eddie Van Halen’s Bumblebee Guitar". FeelNumb.com.
- Kissonline.com, Entry of December 1, 2010 entitled, "Kiss Limited Edition Memorial Product," accessed December 1, 2010.
- "Home of the Wrap Wizard- Your choice for vehicle graphics and vehicle wraps". Home of the Wrap Wizard- Your choice for vehicle graphics and vehicle wraps.
- Kissonline.com, Entry of December 15, 2010 entitled, "First Look: New Kiss Casket," accessed December 22, 2010.
- http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Eternal-Image-Officially-pz-1508656662.html?x=0&.v=1, accessed February 15, 2011.