Kiss of Death (Motörhead album)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2010)|
|Kiss of Death|
|Studio album by Motörhead|
|Released||29 August 2006|
Paramount Studios, Hollywood, USA
NRG Studios, Hollywood
Maple Studios, Costa Mesa
|Genre||Heavy metal, rock 'n' roll|
50:05 w/ bonus tracks
Kiss of Death is the eighteenth studio album by the British band Motörhead, released on 29 August 2006, through SPV. The follow-up to 2004's Inferno, it was produced by Cameron Webb, as was their previous studio album.
A new Motörhead track, entitled "Kingdom Of The Worm", received its world premiere on Friday, 19 May, during Motörhead mainman Lemmy's appearance on the "Jonesy's Jukebox" radio show on Indie 103.1 FM.
The album reached #4 in Germany marking Motörhead's highest entry ever in the German charts.
A review on Drowned in Sound suggests that Motörhead is not a band that focuses on innovation and progression and that they are happy doing more of the same and their fans are more than happy to receive it, this album being no exception. Otherwise the review notes the tracks as "twelve slices of good old-fashioned, foot-stomping, fist-pumping rock ‘n’ roll" and warns not assume that the album is boring as the band still manage to "slay most of the shit out there" and reminds us that "Motörhead are living hard-rock legends". Continuing, the review states the lyrics are as entertaining as ever and that with Lemmy's style of singing, coupled with a "plethora of insanely catchy twelve-bar riffs that most bands would happily die for, the album is yet another timeless Motörhead classic."
|2.||"One Night Stand"||3:05|
|3.||"Devil I Know"||3:00|
|5.||"Under the Gun"||4:44|
|6.||"God Was Never on Your Side"||4:20|
|7.||"Living in the Past"||3:45|
|9.||"Sword of Glory"||3:57|
|10.||"Be My Baby"||3:40|
|11.||"Kingdom of the Worm"||4:08|
|12.||"Going Down" (Campbell, Lemmy, Dee, Todd Campbell)||3:35|
|Bonus track (Sanctuary release)|
|13.||"R.A.M.O.N.E.S." (Campbell, Würzel, Lemmy, Phil Taylor. Re-recorded with Mikkey Dee on drums)||1:22|
|Bonus track (SPV Limited Edition release)|
|13.||"Whiplash" (James Hetfield, Lars Ulrich)||3:49|
This limited-edition release was in a tri-fold digipak sleeve, with an artwork poster. The booklet differed slightly from that of the standard release in that there was no brickwork surrounding the central image, just a black border.
- Lemmy – bass guitar, vocals; sketches and handwriting
- Phil "Wizzö" Campbell – guitar; backing vocals on "R.A.M.O.N.E.S."
- Mikkey Dee – drums
- C. C. DeVille – guitar solo on "God Was Never On Your Side"
- Mike Inez – additional bass guitar on "Under The Gun"
- Zoltán Téglás – additional backing vocals on "God Was Never On Your Side"
- Joe Petagno – sleeve artwork
- Recorded at Paramount Studios, Hollywood; NRG Studios, Hollywood; Maple Studios, Costa Mesa, USA
- Produced, mixed and engineered by Cameron Webb
- Additionally engineered by Sergio Chavez
- Mixed at Studio Atlantis, Hollywood, USA
- Mastered at Capitol Records by Kevin Bartley
- Bonus track "Whiplash" produced by Bob Kulick and Bruce Bouillet