||This article's lead section may not adequately summarize key points of its contents. (June 2013)|
- 1 Economy
- 2 Diplomatic missions
- 3 Landmarks
- 4 Department stores
- 5 Mass media
- 6 Railway stations
- 7 References
- 8 External links
Kita-ku, particularly the Umeda area surrounding Osaka Station, is one of the main commercial centers of Osaka. Kita-ku is also a financial administration center, housing the headquarters of the Japan Mint and the Osaka branch of the Bank of Japan.
Firms headquartered in Kita-ku
- Daikin (Umeda Center Building)
- Daiwa House
- Hankyu Hanshin Holdings
- Hankyu Railway
- Kansai Electric Power Company
- Kansai Telecasting Corporation
- Mainichi Broadcasting System
- Nihon Bussan
- Oh-Ebashi LPC & Partners
- West Japan Railway Company
- West Nippon Expressway Company (Dojima Avanza)
- Yanmar (Umeda Gate Tower)
Firms with branch offices in Kita-ku
Dentsu and Yomiuri Shimbun have branch offices in Kita-ku. Mazda has an office in the Umeda Sky Building Tower East. Air France has an office on the third and sixth floors of the Shin-Sakurabashi Building in Umeda. The office handles Aircalin-related inquiries. Google has an office in the Hankyu Grand Building in Kita-ku. Bandai Visual's Kansai Office opened in Kita-ku in March 1988; the division is now known as the Osaka Branch. Japan Airlines at one time operated a ticketing facility on the first floor of the Daiichi Seimei Building in Umeda, Kita-ku.
The Consulate-General of the United States in Osaka is located in Kita-ku. The Consulate-General of Belgium in Osaka is located on the twelfth floor of the Snow Crystal Building in Umeda, Kita-ku. The Consulate-General of Germany in Osaka is located on the thirty-fifth floor of the Umeda Sky Building Tower East in Kita-ku. The Consulate-General of Italy in Osaka is located since April 2013 on the 17th floor of the Nakanoshima Festival Tower in Nakanoshima.
Commercial and business centre of Kansai region with many high-rise buildings and large underground complexes.
Government facilities and museums, and office buildings is situated on this island. Notable establishments is City hall, Central Public Hall, Bank of Japan Osaka branch and Osaka International Convention Center. National Museum of Art, Osaka and Osaka Science Museum is also in this island.
- Nakanoshima Park
- Yodogawa riverside park and Kema-Sakuranomiya Park
- Ohgimachi Park
- Ogimachi Kids Park (Kids Plaza Osaka)
- Sakuranomiya Park
- Minami-Temma Park
Shrine and Temple
- Mainichi Shimbun Osaka Office - Umeda
- Yomiuri Shimbun Osaka Office - Nozakicho
- Asahi Shimbun Osaka Office - Nakanoshima
- Mainichi Broadcasting System (MBS) - Chayamachi, TV and radio
- Asahi Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) - Oyodo-minami, TV and radio
- Kansai TV - Ogimachi, TV
- Ōsaka Station (JR West)
- Umeda Station (Hankyu, Hanshin, Osaka Subway)
- Yodoyabashi Station (Keihan, Osaka Subway)
The following stations are also connected to Osaka and Umeda by underground passageways:
- Kitashinchi Station (JR West)
- Higashi-Umeda Station (Osaka Subway)
- Nishi-Umeda Station (Osaka Subway)
Other stations in Kita-ku:
- Minami-morimachi Station (Osaka Subway)
- Nakatsu Station (Hankyu)
- Nakatsu Station (Osaka Subway)
- Nakazakicho Station (Osaka Subway)
- Ogimachi Station (Osaka Subway)
- Osaka-Temmangu Station (JR West)
- Tenjimbashisuji Rokuchōme Station (Hankyu, Osaka Subway)
- Temma Station (JR West)
- "Nichibutsu Fact Book." Nihon Bussan. Retrieved on February 19, 2010.
- West Japan Railway Company. "2008 Annual Report". Retrieved 6 July 2009.(English)
- "Company details." Dentsu. Retrieved on November 9, 2009.
- "組織体制." Yomiuri Shimbun. Retrieved on March 5, 2010.
- "Offices." Mazda. Retrieved on October 29, 2009.
- "Contact / Air France agencies." Air France Japan. Retrieved on January 16, 2009.
- "Contact Us." Aircalin. Retrieved on January 16, 2009.
- "Google Offices." Google. Retrieved on July 12, 2009.
- "History." Bandai Visual. Retrieved on March 16, 2010.
- "JAL Group Offices Information." Japan Airlines. March 28, 2009. Retrieved on July 21, 2011. " 1st floor, Daiichi Seimei Bldg., 1-8-17 Umeda Kita-ku, Osaka City, 530-0001"
- "List of Consulates in Kansai Area." Creation Core Higashi Osaka. Retrieved on January 15, 2009.
- Consolato Generale d'Italia a Osaka, official site of the Consulate
Media related to Kita-ku, Osaka at Wikimedia Commons
- Official website of Kita (English)