Kitchie Nadal in June 2009 (Paris, France)
|Birth name||Anna Katrina Dumilon Nadal|
|Also known as||Kitchie|
|Born||September 16, 1980|
|Genres||Pinoy rock, alternative rock, OPM|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, songwriter, guitarist|
|Instruments||Vocals, Guitar, Piano|
|Parker Fly Supreme|
Anna Katrina Dumilon Nadal-Lopez (born September 16, 1980), known by her stage name Kitchie Nadal, is a Filipino singer-songwriter from Manila, Philippines, formerly the lead vocalist for the alternative rock band, Mojofly. Kitchie's popularity in the female OPM niche grew after she released a self-titled solo album featuring her chart-topping single, Huwag na Huwag Mong Sasabihin. The album has since achieved double platinum status (over 80,000 copies sold). In support of the Millennium Campaign, Kitchie Nadal and 26 other Filipino artists contributed to the album entitled Tayo Tayo Rin Sa 2015 - Sing the Songs. Find your Voice. Change the World. It's your Choice, released by the United Nations (in the Philippines).
Kitchie, is an alumna of St. Scholastica's College, Manila. While currently touring and preparing for her next album, Kitchie also completed a double degree major in Education and Psychology at De La Salle University-Manila.
In 2003, Kitchie revived a Carpenters song, Merry Christmas Darling from the Warner Philippines Christmas album, The Warner Music Philippines All-Stars Christmas Collection.
March 2008 Kitchie released her much awaited second album Love Letter with 17 all original tracks. Her latest single Highway, which was used for Caltex, is being aired on the radio.
Kitchie Nadal's interpretation of Iniibig Kita has been included in ABS-CBN's first tele-epiko Rounin. In 2008 ABS-CBN picked Kitchie again to sing the theme song, Himala (a Rivermaya original), for their new soap Humingi Ako Sa Langit (retitled as Habang May Buhay).
She is now the latest endorser of the multinational gas company Caltex. Kitchie appeared in the latest Caltex commercial along with other international musicians. The latest commercial was shot in South Africa and is now being aired in different countries. She recently married her Spanish boyfriend Carlos Lopez.
- 2004 - Kitchie Nadal (Warner Music Group)
- 2007 - Drama Queen TV EP (GMA Records)
- 2008 - Love Letter (Be.Live Artists)
- 2013 - Malaya (12 Stone/Universal Records)
Collaboration albums that include Kitchie Nadal
- Tunog Acoustic 1 to 4 (Warner Music Philippines, 2003–2006)
- Acoustic Night Live 2 (Viva Records, 2004)
- Perfectly Acoustic 2 (Octoarts Music Philippines, 2004)
- All-Star Christmas Collection (Warner Music Philippines, 2004)
- The MDG Album: Tayo Tayo Rin Sa 2015 (UN Philippines, 2005)
- Supersize Rock (Warner Music Philippines, 2005)
- Ultraelectromagneticjam!: The Music Of The Eraserheads (Sony BMG Music Philippines, 2005)
- Kami nAPO muna: A Tribute to APO (Universal Records, 2006)
- The Best Of Manila Sound: Hopia Mani Popcorn (Viva Records, 2006)
- Mga Awit ng Puso: The Best of GMA Themes Vol. 2 (GMA Records, 2006)
- I-Star 15: The Best of Alternative & Rock (Star Records, 2010)
- Rounin TV Soundtrack (Star Records, 2007)
- Additional vocals for Ilog for Rivermaya's album Isang Ugat, Isang Dugo, 2006
- Greatest Day - duet w/ Barbie Almalbis, a single written for Sunsilk (Unilever Philippines), 2007
- Makulay Na Buhay - Kitchie wrote the theme song for the GMA TV show I Luv NY, sung by Jolina Magdangal.
- In A Big Way - a duet with European pop/rock band INSIGHT. There are two versions of this song in the album LOVE LETTER, the Kitchie Nadal version and the Insight version.
- Walk On Water - Akshai Sarin is a co-writer and producer
- Tadhana - Kitchie shares writing credits with Jack Rufo
- PARI 18th Awit Awards (2005)
- Best Performance by a Female Recording Artist (Huwag Na Huwag Mong Sasabihin)
- Best Ballad (Huwag Na Huwag Mong Sasabihin)
- 2005 Aliw Awards
- Most Promising Entertainer of the Year (Female)
- Best Performance in a Concert (Female)
- MTV Pilipinas Video Music Awards 2005
MTV Ayos! Award for Chart Attack Song of the Year(Huwag Na Huwag Mong Sasabihin)
- 18th Nickelodeon Channel Kid's Choice Award for Pinoy Wannabe (2005)
- MTV Asia Awards 2006 - nominated Favourite Artist, Philippines
- The MTV Pilipinas Video Music Awards 2006
Favorite Female Artist in a Video for "Fire"
- PARI 20th Awit Awards (2007)
- Best Song Written for Movie/TV/Stage Play ("Majika")
- Philippine Radio Music Awards 2009
- Best Independent Artist
- Parker Fly guitars
- Huwag Na Huwag Mong Sasabihin
- Ligaya (Original by Eraserheads)
- Majika (Original TV Theme from the GMA 7 Telebabad Program, Majika)
- Merry Christmas Darling (Original by The Carpenters)
- Pag-Ibig (Original by APO Hiking Society)
- Pers-Labs (Original by Cinderella, now revived by Charlie Green)
- Same Ground
- Kitchie Nadal,[dead link] "Online Registry of Filipino Musical Artists and Their Works", Retrieved 2006-05-06
- Kitchie Nadal Still Trail Blazes With Fire, "TitikPilipino.com", Retrieved 2006-05-06
- "UN Philippines: Millennium Campaign". Retrieved 2006-05-06.
- "United Nations in the Philippines: THE MILLENNIUM DEVELOPMENT GOALS ALBUM".
- "Kitchie Nadal". About Kitchie. Archived from the original on 31 December 2007. Retrieved 11 January 2008.
- "18th Awit Awards Winners". Retrieved 2006-05-06.
- 2005 Aliw awardees,[dead link] "The Manila Bulletin Online", Retrieved 2006-05-06
- "INQ7 Express: Sleepless, weary at the Aliw rites". Retrieved 2006-05-06.
- "Manila Standard Today: The longest (Aliw) night…". Retrieved 2008-01-29.
- "MTV Pilipinas 2005 Awards: A Knockout!". Retrieved 2006-05-06.
- "Kids Rule in Kids Choice Awards 2005 in Philippines!". Retrieved 2008-01-29.
- All in the Family: The MTV Pilipinas Video Music Awards 2006 Winners,[dead link] "TitikPilipino.com", Retrieved 2008-01-29
- "20th Awit Awards Winners". Retrieved 2008-01-29.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kitchie Nadal.|
- Kitchie Nadal Official Website[dead link]
- Kitchie Nadal Live![dead link]
- Online Registry of Filipino Musical Artists and Their Works: Kitchie Nadal[dead link]