|Ciro Paone S.p.A.|
|Founded||1956 in Naples, Italy|
|Antonio De Matteis (Director)|
Kiton is a luxury, bespoke clothing company co-founded in 1956 as CIPA in Naples, Italy by Ciro Paone, a fifth-generation fabric merchant, and Antonio Carola. Launched in 1968, the brand gets its name from the Greek word chiton, a sewn garment worn by the Greeks that the Romans later called a tunic. Antonio De Matteis is the CEO and Antonio Paone, is President of Kiton USA. They are both nephews of the co-founder, Ciro Paone. The company's motto is ll meglio del meglio più uno, the best of the best plus one.
In 2007, the company produced about 20,000 suits per year. Kiton employs about 330 tailors. Most suits take approximately 25 hours of labor, with at least 45 tailors contributing to each one.
There are two lines of ready-to-wear suits: the "classic line", which retails for approximately US$ 7,000 to US $8,000, and the "CIPA 1960" line, introduced in 2010, starting at US$5,500. The CIPA line is a capsule line of suits made from vintage ‘60s-era fabrics, which are cut with slim and contemporary silhouettes.
Known as the world's most expensive suits, made to measure (bespoke) suits reach above US $20,000 and up to US$ 50,000 for the "K-50" line, so called because of the number of production hours per piece and the number of units produced per year.
Kiton dress shirts are also hand finished and sell for about $1,000. Kiton's sevenfold silk neckties and pocket squares are made from the finest materials. Sunglasses, trousers and jeans are also available. Kiton's fragrances are a brand of the Estée Lauder Companies, Inc.
Kiton opened its US$40 million, New York City flagship at 4 East 54th Street in 2004, and now has stores in Azerbaijan, China, England, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, the Ukraine, the United Arab Emirates and Uzbekistan. Kiton suits can be found at upscale retailers such as Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, Saks Fifth Avenue, Degand and Unützer.
- Kiton: Bastion of Italian Sartorial Integrity
- "Men's products US". Cosmetics International Cosmetic Products Report. January 1, 2007.
- Rosenbloom, Stephanie (February 13, 2009). "For Fine Recession Wear, $7,000 From Saks". New York Times. Retrieved 2010-03-20.
- "Italy Kiton Sees 2005 Turnover At 52 Mln Euro". Italian News Digest. 25 October 2005.
- Kiton Men's stanleykorshak.com accessed 1/22/2015
- OReilly, Kelly (March 16, 2010). "Kiton's CIPA 1960 Gives Designer Menswear Fans a Lower-Priced Alternative". NBC New York. Retrieved 2010-03-20.
- Sussman, Paul (January 24, 2006). "A perfect fit - the ultimate bespoke suit". CNN. Retrieved 2010-03-20.
- Kissel, William (June 1, 2009). "Kiton". Robb Report. Retrieved 2010-03-20.