Kivach is a 104.6 km² Russian nature reserve located in Kondopozhsky District of Republic of Karelia, which includes the famous 10.7 m Kivach waterfall on the Suna River. The reserve was established in 1931 to study and protect Karelian taiga. Its area was 20 km² before 1947, when it was extended to 103 km².
Flora and fauna
- Vascular plants: 569 species, 239 genera, 85 families
- Mammals: 48 species
- Birds: 197 species
- Reptiles: 3 species
- Amphibians: 5 species
- Fishes: 18 species
- mean July temperature: 17°C
- mean January temp: -10.7°C
- mean annual precipitation: 619 mm
- frost-free period: 104-153 days
- mean snowcover by the end of winter: 83 cm (lasts for 143 days on average)
||Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kivach.
Coordinates: 62°17′46″N 33°55′16″E / 62.2961°N 33.921°E