Kjell Elvis in Stavanger
|Birth name||Kjell Henning Bjørnestad|
|Also known as||Kjell Elvis
|Born||12 March 1968|
Kjell Henning Bjørnestad (known as Kjell Elvis or K. Elvis) (born March 12, 1968), is a Norwegian professional Elvis impersonator: He is an Elvis look alike and has had plastic surgery to look more like Elvis. He is also a sound alike and has released a couple of albums with Elvis songs.
Kjell Elvis was born in Farsund, was raised in Vanse, and currently resides in Lyngdal. While he was in the military in 1988, he started doing some Elvis impersonating. He has had plastic surgery a number of times, to look more like his idol, Elvis Presley, the first one in 1994. In 1997, a media company of Norway, the Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation, showed the documentary Kjell Elvis, about his life as an impersonator. The documentary was also shown in Sweden, Germany and Denmark.
He arranged an Elvis Festival in Kristiansand in Norway in 2001, but it was not an economic success. He arranged a new festival in Oslo in 2002. He is (per August 2003) the only full time professional Elvis impersonator in Skandinavia.
He broke the world record for singing Elvis hits, in August 2003, when he sang nonstop for 26 hours, four minutes and 40 seconds. The Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation also set a record for themselves, by streaming the whole 26 hour concert on their website.
He is also known for having supported his friend Vidar Kleppe, a former MP for the Progress Party, and in 2001 stated that "if Elvis were alive, he would have voted for the Progress Party". In the same year however, Kleppe broke away from the party and formed the Southern Norway List, which Kjell also joined and stood as a candidate himself, both unsuccessfully.
 Awards and nominations
In 1997, he came in sixth place in an Elvis competition in the United States. In 1999 he came second in an unofficial European Championships of Elvis impersonators, that took place in Germany. He won the Nordic Championships in 2001. He was named Europe's best Elvis-impersonator in 2006, and he came in third place at the World Championship for Elvis impersonators in 2006. In 2007, he was a finalist in The Ultimate Elvis Tribute Contest, arranged by Elvis Presley Enterprises.
- NRK: Bedre liv med plastikk-kirurgi? (Norwegian), NRK
- Lever som Elvis (Norwegian), NRK, August 15, 2003
- Elvis fan breaks singing record, BBC News, August 21, 2003
- Kjell Elvis-rekord fikk internasjonal oppmerksomhet (Norwegian), NA24, August 27, 2003
- Fjelldal, Stian (15 August 2003). "Lever som Elvis". NRK.
- Kjell Elvis på tredjeplass i verdensmesterskapet for Elvis-imitatorer (Norwegian), Kristelig pressekontor
- Kjell Elvis til finalen (Norwegian), Aftenposten, August 16, 2007
- Elvis Presley Enterprises Announces Public Opportunity to Vote in Association with the First-Ever Official Elvis Tribute Artist Contest, Elvis.com, USAToday.com, August 15, 2007