A dedicated athlete, Klára Poláčková worked as a PR manager for foreign companies to fund her studies and graduated in business management at the Anglo-American University in Prague in 2000. Following her post as Regional Communications Manager at Euro RSCG Worldwide (2000–2003), she took up a position in the London office (2003–4) and (in 2004-6) worked as a communications consultant in the UK for the Department for Constitutional Affairs and the Department of Health.
Her favourite sport is tennis and, while in the UK, she won the LTA tournament at the Queens Club in London.
Klara published a detailed account of her expedition a year to the day she scaled Mt Everest in 2008. It is illustrated throughout with her personal photographs.
On 9 March 2006 Klára Poláčková and her friend Tashi Tenzing reached the summit of Cho Oyu, 8201 metres above sea level and the sixth highest mountain in the world.
Choosing to climb, via Kathmandu, from (the more difficult) north side, Klára Poláčková and Tashi Tenzing reached the summit of Mount Everest at 8.16 (local time) on 15 May 2007.
- 2005 Aconcagua (6962 m) Argentina, the highest mountain in South America.
- 2006 Cho Oyu (8201 m) Himalaya, the sixth highest mountain in the world.
- 2007 Mount Everest (8848 m) Himalaya, the highest point in the world.
Klára Poláčková on TV:
- Programme Uvolněte se, prosím on 22 June 2007
- Programme Krásný ztráty on 26 June 2008
- Programme Banánové rybičky on 27 June 2007