|Full name||Kléber Giacomance de Souza Freitas|
|Date of birth||12 August 1983|
|Place of birth||Osasco, Brazil|
|Height||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)|
|Playing position||Forward / Striker|
|2008||→ Palmeiras (loan)||45||(12)|
|2014||→ Vasco da Gama (loan)||14||(4)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 30 September 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Kléber started his career playing for São Paulo, in 2003. The young forward – he was 20 years old – shined in 2003 Campeonato Brasileiro Série A, when tricolor paulista finished in a 3rd place, and in 2003 Copa Sudamericana, competition that the club was eliminated in semifinals, against Argentinian side River Plate. In December, Kléber also won the 2003 FIFA U-20 World Cup, with along others future Brazilian soccer stars, such as Nilmar, Dagoberto, Daniel Alves and Jefferson.
In his first match for Cruzeiro, De Souza Freitas scored 2 goals and was dismissed in the first half, playing in the 2009 Copa Libertadores. After the match, he stated that he would stop being so aggressive in games and would only dedicate himself for the club. He helped Cruzeiro reach the Finals of the Libertadores, eventually losing to Estudiantes, from Argentina, in the decisive 2nd leg match. After the shocking defeat in the Mineirão stadium, he injured himself in training and played only 15 league matches in 2009, although he helped Cruzeiro finish in the 4th place of the table and qualify to the 2010 Copa Libertadores, scoring a decisive goal against Santos at Vila Belmiro in the final minutes of the last match of the year.
In July 2010, after a good season start, scoring 2 goals in four matches in the 2010 league for Cruzeiro, he agreed a transfer to his former club, Palmeiras, where he had played in 2008. He was very well received by the club that had a great affection for him. In Palmeiras, the fans nicknamed him "Gladiador" (Gladiator), for his strong determination and high talent on the field.
In October 2011, he strongly criticized Palmeiras coach Luis Felipe Scolari in a television interview, saying that, "80 percent of the squad do not like him." He was removed from the squad right away, following friction with the coach. Although he was under contract with the club until 2015, the board of Palmeiras confirmed that he would never represent the club again.
- As of 9 May 2011
- Campeonato Mineiro: 2009
- Folha Online – Esporte – Brasil é campeão mundial sub-20 e conquista a tríplice coroa. Brasil em Folhas.uol.com.br (19 December 2003).
- Dynamo de Kiev apresenta o brasileiro Kléber – Campeonato Europeu – Terra. Esportes.terra.com.br (14 January 2004).
- "Kléber moves to Brazil" – Official Website of Dynamo Kyiv, 14 February 2008.
- "Guilherme tipped for greatness at Dynamo". UEFA. 2 February 2009. Retrieved 2 February 2009.
- "Palmeiras vice-president Roberto Frizzo confirms that Kleber will never represent the club again". goal.com. 14 October 2011. Retrieved 23 November 2011.
- "GLADIADOR NA ARENA – Kléber é apresentado oficialmente. Kléber assina com o Palmeiras no dia 14/12/2012 e pode ser anunciado até segunda-feira" (in Portuguese). Grêmio FBPA. 23 November 2011. Retrieved 23 November 2011.
- "Vasco da Gama anuncia a contratação do atacante Kléber" (in Portuguese). Vasco da Gama. 16 June 2014. Retrieved 16 June 2014.