Location of Klaipėda County
|• Total||5,209 km2 (2,011 sq mi)|
|(8% of the area of Lithuania)|
|Population (2011 census)|
|• Rank||3rd of 10 (11.2% of the population of Lithuania)|
|• Density||65/km2 (170/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
|ISO 3166 code||LT-KL|
Klaipėda County (Lithuanian: Klaipėdos apskritis) is one of ten counties in Lithuania. It lies in the west of the country and is the only county to have a coastline. Its capital is Klaipėda. On 1 July 2010, the county administration was abolished, and since that date, Klaipėda County remains as the territorial and statistical unit.
- Klaipėda City Municipality
- Klaipėda District Municipality
- Kretinga District Municipality
- Neringa Municipality
- Palanga City Municipality
- Skuodas District Municipality
- Šilutė District Municipality
The ethnic composition in 2001 was:
- "Counties within Lithuania - weather and maps", TravelsRadiate, accessed Feb 15, 2011.
- "Dėl apskričių viršininkų administracijų likvidavimo". Seimas of the Republic of Lithuania. Retrieved 21 August 2011.
- Social and demographic characteristics of Klaipėda County
- Economy of Klaipėda County
- Environment of Klaipėda County
|This Lithuanian location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|