Klamath County School District
The Klamath County School District is a public school district serving Klamath County, Oregon, United States. Communities in the district include Bly, Bonanza, Chiloquin, Gilchrist, Keno, Klamath Falls, Malin, and Merrill. As of June 2008, the school district had 6,657 students enrolled. It is the state's largest school district geographically.
The board of trustees appoints a superintendent who is in charge of the day-to-day operations of the school district. As of 2008, the superintendent is Greg Thede. As of June 2008, there were five board members from the district's five zones: John Rademacher, Northwest Zone, Gary Weldon, Southern Zone, Lori Baley, Eastern Zone, Steve Lowell, Southern Overlap Zone, and Chris Volk, Northern Overlap Zone.
KCSD has six high schools:
- Bonanza Jr./Sr. High School
- Chiloquin High School
- Gilchrist Junior/Senior High School
- Henley High School
- Lost River Jr./Sr. High School
- Mazama High School
KCSD has two two-year middle schools: Brixner and Henley.
KCSD has thirteen elementary schools: Bonanza, Chiloquin, Ferguson, Gearhart, Gilchrist, Henley, Keno, Malin, Merill, Peterson, Sage Community School, Shasta, Stearns.
- Klamath County School District: Superintendent's Office
- "Count of homeless students in Oregon school districts, 2008-2009" (PDF). The Oregonian. p. 6. Retrieved 2009-09-18.
- Klamath County School District (official website)
|This Oregon school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|