Klamath Union High School
|Klamath Union High School|
|KU 2013 football team in action|
|1300 Monclaire Street
Klamath Falls, Oregon, Klamath County, 97601
|School district||Klamath Falls City School District|
|Number of students||780|
|Color(s)||Red and White|
|Athletics conference||OSAA Southern Sky 5A |
|Rival||Mazama HS Vikings|
Funding of the school began in 1901 with the first graduate in 1903. The school colors are red and white and a large "K" is marked in white stone on a nearby hill. The construction of the school began in 1927, with the first marching band the following year. KUHS opened with 520 students and had 77 graduates its first year. Paul Jackson was the Principal and Pelican Pete was chosen as the school's mascot.
Every other year the Klamath Union Marching Band takes a trip to Victoria, British Columbia, to march in the Victoria Day parade. In past years the band has one several awards through the competition. Also, for several years in a row, the Symphonic Band has been district champions and qualified for state, once getting 1st in the state competition. In 2013 the band took 4th in state and in 2014 they moved up to 3rd. The band is currently directed by Mr. Drew Langley.
- Ian Dobson - track & field athlete, competed at the 2008 Olympics
- James Ivory - film director, Merchant Ivory Productions
- John Witte - football player
- "State releases high school graduation rates". The Oregonian. 2009-06-30. Retrieved 2009-07-01.
- "Oregon dropout rates for 2008". The Oregonian. 2009-06-30. Retrieved 2009-07-01.
- Juillerat, Lee (August 24, 2010). "Chatting with James Ivory". Herald and News. Retrieved August 18, 2014.
- "John Witte". lostlettermen.com. Retrieved 17 August 2014.
|This Oregon school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|