|Education||University of Karlsruhe|
|Known for||cofounder of SAP AG|
|Net worth||US $ 1.5 billion (est.) (2010)|
Klaus Tschira (born 1940 in Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany) is a German entrepreneur. After gaining his physics diploma and working at IBM, he co-founded the German software giant SAP AG in 1972 in Mannheim, Germany together with Hans-Werner Hector, Dietmar Hopp, Hasso Plattner and Claus Wellenreuther. From 1998 to 2007, he was a board member at SAP.
- 1995: Honorary doctorate of the University of Klagenfurt
- 1997: Honorary senator of the University of Heidelberg
- 1999: Order of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany (Verdienstkreuz am Bande)
- 1999: Honorary senator of the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
- 1999: Deutscher Stifterpreis by the German National Academic Foundation
- 2000: Naming the asteroid 13028 "Klaus Tschira" by the International Astronomical Union IAU for supporting the miniaturized satellite DIVA
- 2003: Fellow of the Gesellschaft für Informatik
- 2007: Konrad-Zuse-Badge
- 2007: Rudolf-Diesel-Medaille by the German Institute for Inventions
- 2008: Alwin-Walther-Medal
- 2008: Honorary senator of the Heidelberg College of Education
- 2009: Order of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany (Verdienstkreuz 1. Klasse)
- 2010: Honorary doctorate of Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
- 2010: Leibniz-Medal by the Berlin-Brandenburg Academy of Sciences and Humanities
- 2011: Honorary member of the Astronomische Gesellschaft
- Honorary senator of the University of Mannheim
Klaus Tschira Foundation
The Klaus Tschira Foundation (KTF) was established by the physicist Klaus Tschira in 1995 as a non-profit organization. Its primary objective is to support projects in natural and computer sciences as well as mathematics. The KTF places strong emphasis on the public understanding in these fields. Klaus Tschira’s commitment to this objective was honored in 1999 with the "Deutscher Stifterpreis" by the German National Academic Foundation (German: Studienstiftung). The KTF is located at the Villa Bosch in Heidelberg, Germany, the former residence of Nobel Prize laureate for chemistry Carl Bosch (1874–1940).
Gerda and Klaus Tschira Foundation
In 2008, Klaus Tschira founded the Gerda and Klaus Tschira Foundation together with his wife Gerda Tschira.
- Forbes Billionaires 2010
- GI-Fellow citation, retrieved 2012-03-09.
|This German business-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|