|Industry||Computer and video game industry|
|Key people||Jamie Cheng and Jeffery Agala|
Klei Entertainment is a game development studio located in Vancouver, Canada. Klei was formed in July 2005 by Jamie Cheng. They are best known for their games Mark of the Ninja, Don't Starve, Eets, and Shank.
Klei Entertainment was formed in July 2005 by Jamie Cheng. Prior to the formation of Klei, Cheng worked as an intern at Sega's Relic Entertainment studio, where he was a programmer. As of October 2009, the company employs eleven.
Their first title, Eets was first released March 27, 2006 for Microsoft Windows, then for Mac OS X on December 9, 2010. Between those two releases the game was ported to the Xbox 360 via the Xbox Live Arcade platform and released on April 25, 2007. Retitled Eets: Chowdown, this version featured 120 new levels and an action minigame called Marsho Madness.
The company assisted with Slick Entertainment's N+, the Xbox Live Arcade port of the Adobe Flash game N. In 2008 Klei developed Sugar Rush, a casual massively multiplayer online game. They announced in late August 2010, that development had stopped and the game was canceled. The company's fourth original title, Shank, was announced at Penny Arcade Expo 2009. It was released on August 24, 2010 for the PlayStation 3, August 25, 2010 for the Xbox 360 and October 26, 2010 on for Microsoft Windows.
Klei's most recent fully released game Don't Starve was released on April 23, 2013. On July 2, 2013 it was announced that their next release would to be titled Invisible, Inc., a turn-based espionage game slated for release in 2014.
Games developed by Klei Entertainment
|2012||Mark of the Ninja||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||No||No||Yes||No||No||No|
|2012||Torchlight II||No||No||Yes||No||No||No||No||No||No||No||Cinematics only|
- Wallis, Alistair (2006-09-29). "Road To The IGF: Klei Entertainment's Eets". Gamasutra. Retrieved 2011-01-21.
- Remo, Chris (2009-10-22). "Q&A: Klei Founder Cheng Discusses Shank, Animation, Repression". Gamasutra. Retrieved 2011-01-21.
- "Eets on Steam". Steam.
- Nelson, Randy (2010-12-09). "Eets unleashed on Mac, 75% off via Steam". Joystiq. Retrieved 2010-12-17.
- "Eets: Hunger it's Emotional". Kruger Heavy Industries. Retrieved 2010-12-17.
- Fahey, Mike (2007-04-23). "Another XBLA Double: Pinball and Eets". Kotaku. Retrieved 2010-12-17.
- "Eets: Chowdown - Xbox.com". xbox.com. Retrieved 2010-12-17.
- "Legend of Zelda remade in N+". Klei Entertainment. 2008-03-20. Retrieved 2011-01-21.
- Greene, Maggie (2008-06-21). "Nexon's Sugar Rush Arena in Closed Beta". Kotaku. Retrieved 2008-07-18.
- "Sugar Rush Free-to-Play online arena combat game". Klei Entertainment. Retrieved 2011-01-21.
- Tong, Sophia (2009-09-04). "Shank Hands-On". GameSpot. Retrieved 2009-09-05.
- Cheng, Jamie (2010-03-04). "Klei signs with EA Partners for Shank". Klei Entertainment. Retrieved 2010-12-07.
- "Invisible Inc.". Retrieved 11 July 2014.
|This Canadian video game corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|