Klein High School
|Klein High School|
|16715 Stuebner Airline
Klein, Texas, 77379
|Type||Public high school|
|Motto||Together, We Make a Difference|
|School district||Klein Independent School District|
|Faculty||191.9 (on FTE basis)|
|Student to teacher ratio||17.9|
|Color(s)||Blue & Gold|
In July 1928, five common school districts in the area were consolidated into Rural High School District Number One. The new district's high school building was located at what is now 7200 Spring-Cypress Road, between Kuykendahl Road and Stuebner Airline Road. This building is now behind the district's central office building. In 1938, Rural High School District Number One became Klein Independent School District, and its high school became Klein High School.  The high school moved to its current location in 1963.
The old main building of Klein High School was demolished in 2010. Construction is underway for a completely new facility that will replace all existing buildings. The first phase of construction has been completed as of January 2013, with all new construction complete by December 2014. The new 4 story Academic Building and the new 3 story Athletic building are a part of phase one. The second phase is beginning with the demolition of the Pavilion, Career Center, Boys Gym, and the Natatorium. Phase two will be completed with the construction of a new Music Fine Arts Building and Cafeteria that will connect the two new buildings (completed in phase one) into one larger building.
Klein was the first high school established in the Klein Independent School District. It is accredited by the Texas Education Agency and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. 93% of the 2006 graduating class planned on attending college, receiving over $7 million in college scholarships.
Sports and Other Activities
Klein High School competes in district 13-5A. Along with rivals Klein Forest, Klein Oak and Klein Collins. Five other schools in the district are Spring, Dekaney, Westfield, Kingwood and Atascosita.
- Boys Soccer: 1997, 1999 (also national champions), 2005
- Baseball: 1998
- Team Tennis: 1992-83, 1989-90 
- Boys Singles: Barry Richards 1984-85,85-86.
- Boys Doubles: Tim Lootens/Brad Rice 1984-85; Cade Lutz & Tony Starkey 1994-95 
- Girls Doubles: Sarah Chester/Laura Simmons 1988-89,89-90; Micah Hermsdorf/Ariel Morton 2008-09 
- Mixed Doubles: Jonathan Alexander/Lauren Santacroce 2006-07,07-08
- Chess Team: 2002 state champions and 9th in the nation (Brad Munoz, Chris Hobart, Blaine Webb, Andre Suarez, Coach Jim Liptrap)
The Klein High School cheerleaders Nationals Team earned a National Championship at the 2006 NCA Senior and Junior High School National Championships in the Medium Varsity division, and also won a specialty award for Best Use of Jumps in the routine. The 2007 NCA National Championship was preceded by a regional title at the Texas Lone Star Classic and a state championship at the Texas State Championships for Division 5A schools. The cheerleading team has earned six National Titles at the NCA competition in the last 19 years  including Grand Champions in 2000.
The Klein High School Music program was honored with a Grammy Award for the 1999-2000 school year.
The Wind Symphony was the National Wind Band winner in 2008.
Klein High School consistently has over twenty students with an NFL point "distinction" or higher distinction.
|Turner, SylvesterSylvester Turner||1973 (valedictorian)||Accomplished member of the Texas House of Representatives|||
|George, ChrisChris George||1998||Earned Gold Medal as member of 2000 USA Olympic Baseball Team in Sydney, Australia|||
|Green, MikeMike Green||1996||American Football Player for Tennessee Titans|||
|Webb, DerekDerek Webb||1992||Famous Musician in Caedmon's Call (& solo artist)|||
|Lovett, LyleLyle Lovett||1975||Famous musician|||
|Thomas, SloanSloan Thomas||2000||American Football Player, Tennessee Titans, New York Jets, Seattle Seahawks|||
|Wilkinson, LauraLaura Wilkinson||1996||2004 World Cup Platform Gold Medalist; 2000 Olympic Platform Gold Medalist|||
|Youboty, AshtonAshton Youboty||2003||American Football Player, 3rd round draft pick by the Buffalo Bills|||
|Bomer, MatthewMatthew Bomer||1996||Actor, White Collar|||
|Rappaport, BenBen Rappaport||2004||Actor, Outsourced|||
|Stringfield, SherrySherry Stringfield||1985||Actress, ER|||
|Murphy, DavidDavid Murphy||2000||Major League Baseball player for the Boston Red Sox, and the Texas Rangers|||
|Pace, LeeLee Pace||1997||Actor, Pushing Daisies|||
|Adams, KevinKevin Adams||1980||Theatre Designer, 3 time Tony Award winner|||
|Jacobs, KyleKyle Jacobs||1998||Founder of Rubicon Representation|
|Collins, LynnLynn Collins||1994||Actress, Theatre and Movies|||
|Bullock, RandyRandy Bullock||2008||American Football Player for the Houston Texans|||
- Klein High School, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed October 29, 2007.
- Klein High School profile 2006-2007
- UIL State Champion Archives Boys Soccer 1996-97
- UIL State Championship Archives Boys Soccer 1998-99
- UIL State Soccer Tournament
- UIL State Champion Archives Baseball 1997-98
- UIL Team Tennis State Archives
- UIL Boys Doubles State Archives
- UIL Girls Doubles State Archives
- UIL State Champion Archives Mixed Doubles
- Spring/Klein/Tomball News January 25, 2008
- [Fox Sports Network April 4, 2008]
- Spring/Klein/Tomball Sports January 8, 2008
- Spring/Klein/Tomball News August 2, 2007