From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- अविद्यास्मितारागद्वेषाभिनिवेशाः पञ्च क्लेशाः॥३॥
- Avidyāsmitārāgadveṣābhiniveśāḥ pañca kleśāḥ
Translated into English, these five (pañca) Kleśa-s or Afflictions (kleśāḥ) are:
- Ignorance (in the form of a misapprehension about reality) (ávidyā),
- egoism (in the form of an erroneous identification of the Self with the intellect) (asmitā),
- attachment (rāga),
- aversion (dveṣa), and
- fear of death (which is derived from clinging ignorantly to life) (abhiniveśāḥ).
- Patañjali et al. (2007) Source:  (accessed: November 23, 2007)
International Nath Order (INO) perspectives:
- Five Kleshas - International Nath Order
- Mahendranath, Shri Gurudev. "Twilight Yoga II: The Magnum Opus of Twilight Yoga"
|This Hinduism-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|