Knjaz Miloš a.d.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  (Redirected from Knjaz Milos)
Jump to: navigation, search
"Knjaz Miloš" redirects here. For the Serbian ruler after whom the company was named, see Miloš Obrenović I, Prince of Serbia.
Knjaz Miloš
Native name Knjaz Miloš a.d./
Књаз Милош а.д.
Type Public
Industry Beverage
Founded 1811 (1811)
Headquarters Aranđelovac, Serbia
Area served International
Key people Mihailo Janković, (General director)
Products Water
Carbonated soft drinks
Other Non-alcoholic beverage
Revenue Increase 70.41 million (2012) [1]
Net income Decrease €0 (2012)[1]
Total assets Decrease €66.66 million (2012)[1]
Total equity Decrease €5.49 million (2012)[1]
Employees 897[1]

Knjaz Miloš (Serbian Cyrillic: Књаз Милош, [kɲâːz mîlɔʃ]) (full name: Knjaz Miloš a.d. Aranđelovac) is a carbonated mineral water producer and distributor based in Aranđelovac, Serbia.

Knjaz Miloš has been produced and sold since 1811. The natural mineral water is bottled deep in the Serbian mountains of Aranđelovac.

In addition to its centerpiece Knjaz Miloš carbonated mineral water, the company also produces a line of Golf fruit juices and soft drinks, Aqua Viva spring water, Aqua Una mountain water, and Guarana energy drink.

After much legal wrangling, and several highly publicized competing takeover bids, Knjaz Miloš AD majority stake (58%) was bought in 2004 by FPP Balkan Ltd. consortium.[1] The takeover was done in stages: in September 2004, FPP Balkan Limited investment fund, part of London-based FPP Group, bought through takeover bid a 25% stake at RSD17,200 per share. In December 2004 it launched another takeover bid and bought another 33% for RSD23,000 per share, which made a total of 57 million investment for 58% of the equity.

In January 2005, FPP Balkan Ltd. Added Salford Capital Partners fund as their partners.

In December 2006, Knjaz Miloš AD obtained an ISO 22000 certification for food safety, the first company to obtain this certification in Serbia.

Knjaz Miloš is imported in the United States by A.B Company, Inc., and Grand Prix Trading Corp.


External links[edit]