From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up knot in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A knot is a fastening in rope or interwoven lines.
Knot may also refer to:
- Knot (mathematics), an abstract representation of an interwoven linear object
- Knot (graph theory), an inescapable section of a directed graph
- Knot (regression), points on a spline
- Knot theory, the study of mathematical knots
- Knot of Isis (tyet), symbol of welfare/life.
- Sacral knot, a Minoan symbol of holiness; appeared on the Minoan snake goddess.
- Red knot, a wading bird (simply called "knot" in Europe)
- Great knot, a wading bird
- Trigger point or knot, a small, hard, tender spot in a muscle
- Bulbus glandis or knot, an erectile swelling on a canid penis
Arts and entertainment
- The Knot, a 2006 Chinese film
- The Knot, a 2012 film directed by Jesse Lawrence and starring Noel Clarke and Mena Suvari
- Knots (film), a 2004 film starring Scott Cohen and Annabeth Gish
- Knots (album), a 2012 album by Sons of Noel and Adrian
- Knots, a 2011 film starring Kimberly-Rose Wolter
- Knots, a 1970 book of poetry by R. D. Laing
- Knots, a song by Gentle Giant
- Knots, band, Belcastro, J. Pinter
- Knot (unit), a unit of speed equal to one nautical mile per hour
- Knot (wood), a mark left in timber by the origin of branches
- Knot (papermaking), an undigested clump of wood fibres in chemical paper pulp
- KNOT, a radio station in Prescott, Arizona, United States
- Knot (heraldry)
- Knot DNS, an open-source server program for the Domain Name System
- Knott (disambiguation)
- Celtic knot, a decorative graphic representation of a knot
- Gordian Knot, a very complex knot in Ancient Greek mythology
- Garlic knot, a bread appetiser in the shape of a knot
- Knot garden, an elaborate interlace of tightly-clipped low hedging
- Knotted wrack, a seaweed
- Knotgrass or knotweed, any of the plants in the buckwheat family, Polygonaceae
- Knotting, Bedfordshire, a village in England
- Knots Landing, an American soap opera
- Mary Untier of Knots, a Marian devotion
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Knot.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.