|• Type||Borough Council|
|• Mayor||Leonard Francis Agnello (Frank Agnello)|
|• Total||0.6 sq mi (1.5 km2)|
|• Density||2,056.0/sq mi (796.6/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
Knox is located at .(41.235317, -79.536123)
According to the United States Census Bureau, the borough has a total area of 0.6 square miles (1.6 km2), all of it land.
As of the 2000 United States Census, there were 1,176 people, 528 households, and 337 families residing in the borough. The population density was 2,056.0 people per square mile (796.6/km²). There were 570 housing units at an average density of 996.5 per square mile (386.1/km²). The racial makeup of the borough was 98.98% White, 0.60% Native American, 0.17% Asian, and 0.26% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.85% of the population.
There were 528 households out of which 26.7% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 50.6% were married couples living together, 10.6% had a female householder with no husband present, and 36.0% were non-families. 32.2% of all households were made up of individuals and 13.8% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.23 and the average family size was 2.79.
In the borough the population was spread out with 22.7% under the age of 18, 6.5% from 18 to 24, 26.8% from 25 to 44, 25.6% from 45 to 64, and 18.4% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 41 years. For every 100 females there were 87.6 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 84.8 males.
The median income for a household in the borough was $32,407, and the median income for a family was $37,431. Males had a median income of $31,908 versus $18,603 for females. The per capita income for the borough was $18,043. About 12.2% of families and 14.5% of the population were below the poverty line, including 25.1% of those under age 18 and 11.9% of those age 65 or over.
Knox Borough is governed by an elected, seven member council. Current council members are President Jack Bish Jr., Vice President Rich Cochran, Pro Tem Tim Ragley, Thomas Goble, Mike Wise, Bud Price, and Linda Runyan. Leonard Francis Agnello (Frank Agnello) is Mayor.
- Ross A. McGinnis a 19 year old Knox native, was killed in action in Iraq on December 4, 2006 and was awarded the Medal of Honor.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Census of Population and Housing". U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 11 December 2013.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Incorporated Places and Minor Civil Divisions Datasets: Subcounty Resident Population Estimates: April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2012". Population Estimates. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 11 December 2013.