|Location||3001 Knoxville Center Drive, near Exit 8 on Interstate 640, Knoxville, United States|
|Management||Simon Property Group|
|Owner||Simon Property Group|
|No. of stores and services||120+|
|No. of anchor tenants||5|
|Total retail floor area||964,000 square feet (89,600 m2)
|No. of floors||2|
Knoxville Center, formerly East Towne Mall; located in Knoxville, Tennessee, is a super-regional shopping mall serving the Knoxville metropolitan area. The mall opened in 1984, and is located at Exit 8 on Interstate 640. The mall's primary target is the fastest growing area in the market.
- Vacant Anchor Space- (Opened as Miller's Department Store, then later Hess's, to later become Dillard's. [ 123,601 sq ft.)
- Belk (Opened as Proffitt's, became Belk, 108,048 sq ft.)
- Sears, Roebuck and Company (Original Anchor, 179,628 sq ft.)
- J. C. Penney (Original Anchor, 133,431 sq ft.)
- The Rush Fitness Complex (former Service Merchandise, two level store 54,000 sq ft.)
- Dillard's- Closed in September, 2012.
- Proffitt's- Closed due to corporate realignment, reopened as Belk.
- Service Merchandise (two story store near Sears which closed to become The Rush Fitness Complex, 54,000 sq ft.)
Knoxville Center opened with a food court in the center of the mall located on the upper level of the Center Court. The food court is located directly next to the 10-screen Regal Stadium Cinema location.
Renovation and name Change
East Towne Mall received a major renovation by its owner Simon Property Group in 1997. The outside was left unchanged aside from a new entrance. The inside was renovated with new tile, paint, trim, and other features. The mall adopted a Tennessee mountain theme. Once renovation was completed, the name Knoxville Center was adopted.
- http://www.simon.com/Mall/LeasingSheet/0906_KnoxvilleCenter_SCO2033MasterOverview.pdf Knoxville Center Information
- http://www.simon.com/mall/LeasingSheet/Knoxville.pdf Market Target
- http://www.regalcinemas.com/movies/locations.jsp?state_id=TN Regal Stadium 10