Kodak EasyShare V570
|Type||Compact digital camera|
|Maximum resolution||2569 × 1929|
|Lens||39 mm to 117 mm (35 format equivalent) (5× zoom)|
|Storage||MM card, SD card|
The Kodak EasyShare V570 is a high-end digital camera manufactured by Eastman Kodak. Announced on January 2, 2006, it is an upper model in the range, which was advertised as $400 in The United States in January 2006. Its main innovation is the dual lens system, combining two periscopic groups with each their own sensor: one very wide angle equivalent to a 23 mm in 135 format and a 3X zoom equivalent to a 39–117 mm, totalizing a virtual 5X zoom, with a step between 23 and 39 mm. It is the first dual lens digital camera. This model won a gold medal in the 2006 Industrial Design Excellence Awards.
There are two other models in Kodak's line of dual lens cameras that were announced shortly after the introduction of the Easyshare V570: the Easyshare V610, which was announced on April 25, 2006 and the Easyshare V705, which was announced on August 8, 2006.
The Easyshare V610 is a 6-megapixel, Bluetooth-enabled, dual lens camera that forgoes the fixed focus 23 mm wide angle lens of the V570 and V705 for a 38-114mm lens. Unlike the V570, it does not include a dock.
The Easyshare V705 is a 7.1-megapixel camera that is offered in 3 body colors - black, silver, and pink. It does not include a dock.
- Image resolution
- 5.0 MP, 2569 × 1929 (CCD resolution 2690 × 1995)
- JPEG/Exif v 2.21; 1.8, 3.1, 4.0, 4.4, 5.0 MP
- Schneider Kreuznach lenses; retina dual lens technology: ultra wide-angle lens (23 mm equiv.) plus 3X optical zoom lens (up to 117 mm equiv. telephoto) system. Provides 5X optical zoom range 23 mm–fixed (35 mm equiv.) f/2.8 39–117 mm (35 mm equiv.) f/3.9–f/4.4
- Focus range
- ultrawide: 2.6 ft (0.8 m)–infinity; standard: 2 ft (0.6 m)–infinity; macro, wide: 2–2.3 ft (0.5–0.7 m), tele: 1–2.3 ft (0.30–0.7 m)
- Auto focus
- TTL-AF, multi-zone AF, center zone AF; control : single AF, continuous AF
- Shutter speed
- 8–1/1448 sec, long exposure 0.5–8 sec
- ISO equivalent 64–160 (auto) and 64, 100, 200, 400, 800 (1.8MP) (manual)
- Built-in flash
- auto, off, fill, digital red-eye reduction, range ultrawide, ISO 200: 2.6–10.2 ft (0.8 m–3.1 m); wide, ISO 200: 2–7.2 ft (0.6–2.2 m); tele, ISO 200: 2–6.6 ft (0.6–2.0 m)
- 2.5 in. (6.35 cm) 230K pixels
- Burst mode
- 2.3 frame/s, maximum 4 images
- Shutter Delay
- 0.2 sec. (ultrawide lens/preview on), 0.3 sec. (3X zoom lens/preview on), shot to shot : 1.0 sec.
- Video mode
- VGA (640 × 480 pixels) at 30 frame/s, QVGA (320 × 240 pixels) at 30 frame/s up to 80 min. based on memory capacity continuous MPEG-4 compressed video with audio (QuickTime), 3X zoom during video
- 28 MB internal memory plus SD/MMC card expansion slot
- A/V output (NTSC or PAL, user-selectable), KODAK Camera Dock/Printer Dock interface, digital (USB 2.0) connector
- Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Digital Camera Battery KLIC-7001
- W × H × D: 4 × 2 × .8 in. (101 × 49.8 × 20.4 mm); 4.5 oz (125 g)
- News Release
- News Release