|District of Jharkhand|
Location of Koderma district in Jharkhand
|Administrative division||North Chotanagpur division|
|• Lok Sabha constituencies||Kodarma (shared with Giridih and Hazaribagh districts)|
|• Assembly seats||1|
|• Total||1,500 km2 (600 sq mi)|
|• Density||480/km2 (1,200/sq mi)|
|• Literacy||68.35 per cent|
|• Sex ratio||949|
Koderma is bordered by Nawada district of Bihar on the north, the Gaya district of Bihar on the west, the Giridih district of Jharkhand on the east, and the Hazaribag district of Jharkhand on the south.
Koderma is surrounded by forests and lots of natural resources, Dhawajadhari Pahar (hill) that is dedicated to lord SHIVA and on the MAHASHIVRATRI lots of devotees get together to worship the GOD.
Koderma district is richly endowed with natural resources. At one time, Koderma was considered as the mica capital of India. During that time, the townships of Koderma and Jhumeri Tilaiya had seen the rise of several mica tycoons, including the houses of Bhadanis, and Rajgarhias. Now it the fastest developing city in jharkhand.
Koderma holds the world record of the largest deposits of mica in the world.
In 2006 the Indian government named Koderma one of the country's 250 most backward districts (out of a total of 640). It is one of the 21 districts in Jharkhand currently receiving funds from the Backward Regions Grant Fund Programme (BRGF).
In the matter of education koderma known as backward city but in recent scenario lots of people from this district has got national level recognition because of education. lots of engineers and other professionals belong to this city. Such as Mr. Pankaj Singh is Chartered Accountant from Lakhi Baghi currently practicing in Delhi . Mr. Manotosh Panday is an qualified Engineer. Lots of people from this region giving much stress on education. There are several schools and degree colleges in Koderma:
- BASUKALA ITI, #1 ITI institute in Jharkhand
- Jagannat Jain College established at 1960 at Lakhi Baghi
- Jeevan Jyoti School ( Lakhi Baghi )
- Koderma High School ( Koderma )
- Girl School ( Koderma )
- Sainik School, Tilaiya (boys-only residential school, established on 16 September 1963)
- Kailash roy Saraswati vidya Mandir,Jhumri Telaiya(Vidya Bharti Foundation)
- Adarsh Madhya Vidyalaya (Nanku School) located at Rajgadhiya road
- Grizzly Vidyalaya, a CBSE-affiliated residential School, located in the Damodar Valley
- Saraswati Shishu Mandir (established 1984), run by the Bal Bharti Samiti of Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh
- Gandhi High School
- Rameshwar Modi Mahadeo Modi High School, Chandwara
- Modern Public School
- Creative Home (IMS ROAD SHYAM BABA PATH)
- Adarsh Vidyalaya, located at the Mahatma Gandhi Marg; established on 1974 by Dhaneshwar Sharma
- St. Joseph School
- St. Clares School, Lokai, Jhumri Telaiya
- Adarsh +2 Uchcha Vidyalaya, Madhwatand, A CBSE affiliated School
- Sacred Heart School
- THE EUROPEAN Academy of ENGLISH Language & Computer Education( Near Railway crossing jhumri Telaiya)
- CD Girls High School
- Purnima Vidya Mandir Telaiya,
- CH High School
The district has only two major towns - Koderma and Jhumri Telaiya. Both of the towns are located along National Highway 31, which connects Ranchi and Patna. Koderma Railway station is on the Grand Chord railway line, which connects Calcutta and Delhi.
The district comprises six blocks: Koderma, Jainagar, Markacho, Satgawan, Chandwara and Domchanch.
The Vidhan Sabha constituency of this district are Kodarma, Barkatha and Barhi, which are part of Koderma and Hazaribag Lok Sabha constituency respectively. koderma is well known city of that area while jainagar, markacho. satgawan, chandwara, and domchanch are semi urban area. All of them are in developing stage. In Koderma Block Lakhi Baghi is a famous place Lakhi Baghi Comprises Lochanpur, Chutiyaro, Farenda and Sujanpur.This also called heart of Koderma because all dignitaries resides at Lakhi Baghi such as I.A.S. and I.P.S officers of Koderma.
According to the 2011 census Koderma district has a population of 717,169, roughly equal to the nation of Bhutan or the US state of Alaska. This gives it a ranking of 500th in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 427 inhabitants per square kilometre (1,110 /sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 32.59%. Kodarma has a sex ratio of 949 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 68.35%.
- "83 districts under the Security Related Expenditure Scheme". IntelliBriefs. 2009-12-11. Retrieved 2011-09-17.
- Ministry of Panchayati Raj (September 8, 2009). "A Note on the Backward Regions Grant Fund Programme". National Institute of Rural Development. Retrieved September 27, 2011.
- Saiful Haque (2011-11-16). "Sainik School ragging: Jharkhand High Court issues showcause notices to government, principal". India Today. Retrieved 2012-04-02.
- "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". Retrieved 2011-10-01. "Bhutan 708,427"
- "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 2011-09-30. "Alaska 710,231"
||Gaya district, Bihar||Nawada district, Bihar|