|Minister of State, Ministry of Labour|
28 October 2012
|Prime Minister||Manmohan Singh|
|Preceded by||Harish Rawat|
4 June 1962 |
Kodikunnil, Thiruvananthapuram District
|Political party||Indian National Congress|
|Children||one son& one daughter|
Kodikunnil Suresh is an Indian politician who is the Minister of State in the Ministry of Labour. He is a member of the fifteenth Lok Sabha representing Mavelikara Constituency in Kerala. This is the fifth time he is being elected to the Lok Sabha. He is also the Secretary of the All India Congress Committee (AICC).
Early life and education
He was elected to the Lok Sabha for the first time in 1989 and thereafter in the 1991,1996, 1999 General Elections to the Lok Sabha from Adoor Constituency. He was defeated in the 1998, 2004 elections. He served as the member of the Kerala Pradesh Congress Committee and member of AICC. He won the general election to the Lok Sabha in 2009 defeating R.S.Anil of Communist Party of India with a margin of 48048 votes.
His victory in the 2009 election was declared void by the Kerala High Court over the allegation that his caste certificate was fake, and that he was a Christian.This verdict was later reversed by the Supreme Court.
- Biodata of Kodikunnil Suresh
- "Rediff On The NeT: Polling Booth: Election' 96: Kerala/Adoor". Rediff.com. Retrieved 2010-07-08.
- "New minister K.Suresh's mother was farm worker". Yahoo. Retrieved 28 October 2012.
- "Detailed Profile: Shri Suresh Kodikunnil". Parliament of India. Retrieved 28 October 2012.
- "Apex court upholds Kodikunnil Suresh's election". The Hindu. 13 may 2011. Retrieved 28 October 2012.
- "Kodikunnil Suresh @ J.Monian vs N.S.Saji Kumar". Supreme Court Records. Indian Kanoon. Retrieved 28 October 2012.
C. S. Sujatha
|Member of Parliament from Mavelikara
2009 – present