Koha Jonë on 18 October 2013
|Associate editor||Carmen Gjani|
|News editor||Enkelejda Koraqi
|Sports editor||Aranit Muraçi|
|Founded||11 May 1991|
|Political alignment||Right wing, Liberal|
Koha Jonë (English: Our Time) is a newspaper published in Albania. The paper is a politically unaffiliated daily newspaper based in Tirana.
1991 - The start
The paper was first published on 11 May 1991 by Nikolle Lesi and Aleksandër Frangaj in Lezhe and after some time the headquarters were moved to Tirana. Nikolle Lesi and Alexander Frangaj were the director and chief editor of the paper, respectively.
In 1996, Lesi became sole owner of the paper when he bought out Frangaj, who had owned 40 percent of the shares.
In 1997 the premises of Koha Jonë, at the time Albania’s biggest-circulation daily, were completely burnt down by unknown perpetrators. No one was identified or prosecuted by the authorities in connection with those attacks.
2007 - Merge with Klan TV
Koha Jonë was the largest paper in Albania with a circulation of 34,000 copies in 1992. In 1995 the daily was the second most read newspaper in the country with a circulation of 30,000 copies. The circulation of the paper was 7,833 copies in 2002.
The newspaper is organized in three sections, including the magazine.
- News: Includes International, National, Tirana, Politics, Business, Technology, Science, Health, Sports, Education.
- Opinion: Includes Editorials, Op-Eds and Letters to the Editor.
- Features: Includes Arts, Movies, Theater, and music.
- Ilda Londo (2002). "Albania" (PDF). Media Institute. Retrieved 15 February 2014.
- Media Landscape of South East Europe 2002 (PDF). Sofia: ACCESS-Sofia Foundation. 2003. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- "Kush eshte Koha Jone". 18 April 2007. Archived from the original on 24 August 2010. Retrieved 27 March 2015.
- Human Rights in Post-communist Albania. Human Rights Watch. 1996. p. 95. ISBN 978-1-56432-160-2. Retrieved 28 December 2014.
- "Albania". Press Reference. Retrieved 13 September 2014.
- "June 2002. Vol. 14, No. 5 (D). Albania: The Cost of Speech: Violations of Media Freedom in Albania, p.56" (PDF). Human Rights Watch (HRW).
- Albanian Institute for International Studies (AIIS), Tirana. 2003. Albania and European Union: Perceptions and Realities. 
- Koha Jonë [Tirana, in Albanian]. "Historia." 
- Media Online: Southeast European Media Journal [Sarajevo]. 15 January – 1 February 2001. No. 6. Gent Ibrahimi and Agron Loci. "Media Landscape of Albania: Legal Framework." 
- Koha Jonë (Albanian)