Koindu, Kailahun District
|Time zone||GMT (UTC-5)|
Koindu is a town in Kailahun District in the Eastern Province of Sierra Leone. Koindu is a major diamond mining town and market center. The population of Koindu is estimated at 16,751. Koindu lies approximately 63 miles from Kenema and about 230 miles south-east of Freetown.
- Sahr Senesie, German football star
- Koindu (Approved) at GEOnet Names Server, United States National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency
- Hynes, Bridget. Children of the Borderlands: Young Soldiers in the Reproduction of Warfare. Ann Arbor, Michigan: Proquest. p. 179. dissertation at Conflict Resolution Institute, University of Denver.
- Trillo. Richard (2008). The Rough Guide to West Africa. London: Penguin. pp. 554–555. ISBN 978-1-4053-8070-6.
- Bah, M. Alpha (1998). Fulbe presence in Sierra Leone: a case history of twentieth-century migration and settlement among the Kissi of Koindu. New York: P. Lang. ISBN 978-0-8204-2180-3.
|This Sierra Leone location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|