|Motor racing team|
|Team Principal(s)||Marko Koiranen|
|Current series||GP3 Series
Eurocup Formula Renault 2.0
Formula Renault 2.0 Alps
|Former series||Formula Renault 2.0 Northern European Cup
Formula Renault 2.0 Italia
Nordic Formula Three Masters
|Drivers' titles||2005 FR 2.0 Italia Winter Series (Mustonen)
2010 Eurocup Formula Renault 2.0 (Korjus)
2011 Formula Renault 2.0 NEC (Sainz, Jr.)
2012 Formula Renault 2.0 Alps (Kvyat)
|Teams' titles||2011 Eurocup Formula Renault 2.0
2011 Formula Renault 2.0 NEC
Koiranen GP, also known as Koiranen bros. Motorsport is a Finnish auto racing team based in Barcelona, Spain. They currently compete in the Eurocup Formula Renault 2.0 and Formula Renault 2.0 Alps, and will make their debut in GP3 Series in 2013.
Finnish Junior Formulas
The team was founded in 1997 by brothers Marko and Jari Koiranen. They joined the Finnish Formula 4 championship the same year, and also competed in Nordic and Finnish Formula Three championships until 2005.
2003 saw Koiranen Motorsport join the German Formula Renault Championship, before expanding their Formula Renault programme to include a Eurocup Formula Renault 2.0 campaign. They experienced their first real success when Valtteri Bottas finished third in the Formula Renault 2.0 Northern European Cup in 2007. The team won their first title in 2010, when Kevin Korjus won the Eurocup title.
In 2011, Red Bull Junior Team started collaboration with the Finnish team. Daniil Kvyat and Carlos Sainz, Jr. joined the team for Eurocup and NEC campaign. In Northern European Cup Sainz, Jr. achieved drivers' title and with help of Kvyat they both claimed teams' championship. They also claimed teams' trophy in Eurocup. Kvyat remained with the team for the next year and brought drivers' title in new Formula Renault 2.0 Alps series for the team .
In 2012, Koiranen Motorsport was one of eighteen teams to make a bid for one of the vacant grid positions in the Formula Renault 3.5 Series, the highest tier of the Formula Renault championships. The team was unsuccessful, losing out to DAMS and Arden Caterham, but were placed on a reserve list, granting them automatic entry to the grid in the event that any of the existing thirteen teams failed to be ready in time.
- "GP3 Series announce line up for 2013-15". GP3Series.com (GP2 Series Limited). 1 October 2012. Retrieved 1 October 2012.
- "RECENT RESULTS". Koiranen Motorsport. Retrieved 1 October 2012.
- "Formula Renault 2.0 NEC 2007". driverdb.com. Driver Database. Retrieved 1 October 2012.
- "Formula Renault 2.0 Eurocup 2010". driverdb.com. Driver Database. Retrieved 1 October 2012.
- "18 teams apply for 2012 season". renault-sport.com (Renault Sport). 10 October 2011. Retrieved 2 October 2012.
- "Thirteen teams selected for 2012". renault-sport.com (Renault Sport). 17 October 2011. Retrieved 2 October 2012.
- "Vainio, Korjus and Kujala complete Koiranen GP line-up". GP3 Series (GP2 Motorsport Limited). 11 February 2013. Retrieved 11 February 2013.