May 13, 1957
Koji Suzuki (鈴木光司 Suzuki Kōji born May 13, 1957) is a Japanese writer, who was born in Hamamatsu and currently lives in Tokyo. Suzuki is the author of the Ring cycle of novels, which has been adapted into a manga series. He has written several books on the subject of fatherhood. His hobbies include traveling and motorcycling (hobbies found on the back of The Ring, 2002, Koji Suzuki). He is currently on the selection committee for the Japan Fantasy Novel Award.
His recent novel Edge puts the main theme on Feynman point.
- Paradise (Rakuen) (1990) Published in English by Vertical, Inc.
- Ring (Ringu) (1991) Published in English by Vertical, Inc.
- Spiral (Rasen) (1995) Published in English by Vertical, Inc.
- Loop (Rupu) (1998) Published in English by Vertical, Inc.
- Promenade of the Gods (Kamigami no Promenade) (2003) Published in English by Vertical, Inc.
- Edge (2008) Published in English by Vertical, Inc.
- Drop (2009) Printed on three rolls of toilet paper in Japan in Japanese – and in English in 2012
- S (2012)
- Tide (2013)
- Floating Water (1996)
- Solitary Isle (1996)
- The Hold (1996)
- Dream Cruise (1996)
- Adrift (1996)
- Watercolors (1996)
- Forest Under the Sea (1996)
- Coffin in the Sky (1999)
- Lemonheart (1999)
- Happy Birthday (1999)
- Death and the Flower (1995) Published in English by Vertical, Inc.
- Dark Water (Honogurai mizu no soko kara) (1996) (includes an original framing story)
- Birthday (1999)
Films adapted from his works
- Ring: The Complete Edition (Ring: Kanzenban) (1995)
- Ring (Ringu) (1998)
- Rasen (Spiral) (1998)
- The Ring Virus (1999)
- Ring 2 (Ringu 2) (1999)
- Ring 0: Birthday (2000)
- Dark Water (2002)
- The Ring (2002)
- Dark Water (2005)
- Rings (short film) (2005)
- The Ring Two (2005)
- Masters of Horror (TV, episode 2.13 Dream Cruise) (2007)
- Sadako 3D (2012)
- Sadako 3D 2 (2013)
- Koji Suzuki at the Internet Movie Database
- Entry in the Encyclopedia of Science Fiction
- J'Lit | Authors : Koji Suzuki | Books from Japan (English)