|This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page.
||This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2011)
Kojiro Akagi (赤木 曠児郎 Akagi Kōjirō) (born 3 January 1934 in Okayama, Japan) is a Japanese painter who is based in France.
Life and career
- 1956 Bachelor's degree in Physics. Okayama University, Japan.
- 1963 Arriving France from Japan. Beaux-Arts, Paris.
- Professor Brianchon studio, followed by Professor Mattey.
- 1971 Gold Medal for watercolours. Le Salon Salon des Artistes Français.
- 1974 Gold Medal for oil painting. Member Hors Concours (HC) Le Salon Salon des Artistes Français.
- 1975 Award of the President of the French Republic, International Art Exhibition, Toulon, President of jury Edouard Pignon, France.
- 1991 Charles Cottet Prize. National Exhibition of Fine Arts, France.
- 1994 Navy Blue Ribbon Medal by Japanese Government.
- 1998 Second Navy Blue Ribbon Medal by Japanese Government.
- 2002 Puvis de Chavanne Prize. National Exhibition of Fine Arts, France.
- 2002 Honor Medal of the Japanese Minister of Foreign Affairs.
- 2005 Order of the Rising Sun, gold rays with rosette, Japan.
- 2006 Who's Who Prize. Le Salon, Art en Capital, Grand Palais, France.
- 1963 Member of the Japaneses Artists Association, Japan.
- 1968 Member of Salon des Independents, France.
- 1970 Member of Salon d'Automne, France.
- 1973 Member of Salon National des Beaux-Arts, France.
- 1982 Committee Member Salon International des Beaux-Arts, France.
- 2002 Honorary vice-president Salon National des Beaux-Arts, France.
- 1975 Toulon City Museum, France
- 1979-1981, 1987, 1991-1993 Carnavalet Museum of Paris (111 works of art: 3 oil-paintings and 108 watercolored drawings), France.
- 1981 Cernuschi Museum, Paris, (1 engraving), France.
- 1981-2002 MOA Museum of Atami (2 oil-paintings and 1 watercolored drawings), Japan.
- 1991 Vatican Museume, Department of religious modern arts, Italy
- 1993 Royal Ueno Museum, Tokyo (1 oil-paintings). Culture Prefectural Kyoto Museum City of Kyoto (1 0il-painting), Japan.
- 1993-1998 Prefectural Museum of Okayama (5 oil-paintings, 2 watercolored drawings and 53 illustrations of Sany Newspaper), Japan.
- 1993-2005 Kurashiki City Modern Museum (3 oil-paintings), Japan.
- 1998-2009 WAKO Museum, Kasaoka (3 oil-paintings), Japan.
- 2001 Nariwa City Museum (1 watercolored drawing), Japan.
- 2002 Grez-sur-Loing City Museum (1 oil-painting and 1 watercolored), France.
- 2003-2005 Patricia Clark Museum (1 oil-painting, 2 watercolored), Iowa, USA.
- 1971-1973 French State (2 oil-paintings), France.
- 1983 Saidaiji High School (1 oil-painting) Okayama, Japan.
- 1986 Foyer des Lyc ennes (1 oil-painting) Paris, France.
- 1993 Okayama City Hall (1 oil-painting), Japan.
- 1996-2006 Embassy of Japan (1 oil-painting and 2 watercolored), France.
- 1997 Sany School for Girls, Okayama (1 oil-painting and 2 engravings), Japan.
- 1998 Trocadero Library, Paris (1 engraving) France.
- 2000 Okayama University (1 engraving), Japan.
- 1975-2010 National Library, Paris (collection engraving), France.