From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Kokanee is a word from the Okanagan language referring to land-locked lake populations of Sockeye salmon (Oncorhynchus nerka). It may also refer to:
- Kokanee Range, a subrange of the Selkirk Mountains in British Columbia, Canada
- Kokanee salmon, a type of Sockeye salmon.
- Kokanee Creek Provincial Park, British Columbia, Canada
- Kokanee, British Columbia, a settlement on the West Arm of Kootenay Lake in British Columbia, Canada, at the mouth of the creek
- Kokanee Landing, a former steamboat landing and CPR station on the West Arm of Kootenay Lake in British Columbia, Canada
- Kokanee Point is located on the north shore of the West Arm of Kootenay Lake, to the west of Kokanee (settlement)
- Kokanee Narrows, a narrows on the West Arm of Kootenay Lake
- Kokanee Glacier Provincial Park, British Columbia, Canada, and associated placenames, including:
- Kokanee beer, a popular beer in British Columbia, named for the Kokanee Glacier
- Kokanee Bay, a bay on the north side of Lac La Hache in the Cariboo region of British Columbia
- Kokanee Elementary School, a school in the Northshore School District, located in Bothell, King Country, Washington, United States
- Kokanee Campground, a locality in Fresno County, California
- Kokanee Picnic Area, a locality in Trinity County, California
- Kokanee Cove, a bay in Grand County, Colorado
- Kokanee Bend Fishing Access, a locality near Columbia Falls in Flathead County, Montana
- Lake Kokanee, a reservoir in Mason County, Washington
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.