Koko ni Ita Koto
|Koko ni Ita Koto|
Regular Edition cover
|Studio album by AKB48|
|Released||June 8, 2011JP)(|
|Genre||J-pop, Dance, electronica, Hip Hop, Breakbeat|
|Label||You, Be Cool!/King|
|Singles from Koko ni Ita Koto|
|"Ponytail to Chouchou" on YouTube|
|"Heavy Rotation" on YouTube|
|"Beginner" on YouTube|
|"Chance no Junban" on YouTube|
Limited Edition cover
Theater Edition cover
"Koko ni Ita Koto" was released in Japan on June 8, 2011 by King Records. There are three versions available: Limited Edition (catalog number KIZC-90117/8), Regular Edition (KIZC-117/8), and Theater Edition (NKCD-6546).
While all the group's albums had been almost entirely collections of previously released material, "Koko ni Ita Koto" took a different approach. Although it featured four 2010 hits, one theatre stage song, and a theme from an early 2011 movie, the rest were new songs.
Although the album was negatively received by English J-pop journalists, it met with great commercial success, topping the Oricon Weekly Albums Chart and, with just one week of sales, placed second in the list of best selling albums of the first half of 2011 in Japan. In the same month, it was already certified Million by the Recording Industry Association of Japan for shipments of over one million copies.
The upcoming release of the first AKB48's original album was announced on February 21, 2011. The then-unnamed album would be released on April 6, 2011 and contain the hits "Ponytail to Chouchou", "Heavy Rotation", "Beginner", and "Chance no Junban", the rest being new songs. In addition to a regular edition, there would be a limited edition of the album and a theater edition. The limited edition would contain a 100-page photobook shot by photographer Mika Ninagawa, who was the director of their Heavy Rotation music video, a DVD, lottery entry card to win a special present from the band and also comes with a photo in 14 types, while the regular came with 14 alternate changeable covers featuring them in circus costumes and also the DVD which was featured in limited edition and the theater edition would be a CD-only version coming with 14 alternate changeable covers featuring them in school uniforms, a handshake event ticket and a photo of an AKB48 member chosen at random.
More details were announced at a group's handshake event on March 5, 2011. 11 of 16 songs on the album would be completely new. "Shōjotachi yo", the theme song for AKB48's movie Documentary of AKB48 to be continued, would also be on the album. On the title track AKB48 would be joined by the sister groups SKE48, SDN48, and NMB48.
Due to the 2011 Tohoku earthquake and tsunami, the album's release date was pushed back to June 8, 2011. Part of the revenues from it goes to the victims of the disaster. Also, handshakes and photos with the group members, that were planned to be a theater edition bonus, were replaced by the right to choose 5 member photos.
Ian Martin from The Japan Times, an English language newspaper, criticized this album, calling it "the kind of music that in more civilized times people would have burned in the streets". James Hadfield of Time Out Tokyo gave it zero out of five stars, calling it "wrenchingly awful", and compared it "perhaps to hearing Alvin and the Chipmunks play Stevie Wonder's 'Happy Birthday' on repeat for an equivalent length of time while being force-fed candy floss until your stomach splits open. ... It's J-pop that's been infantilised, reduced to the level of kindergarten songs. That half of the tracks are wedded to the same pachinko four-four beat serves merely to make it all the more deadening."
All lyrics written by Yasushi Akimoto.
|1.||"Shōjotachi yo" (少女たちよ "Girls")||Jun Koami||4:33|
|2.||"Overtake"||Sho Shibata||Takahashi Team A||4:44|
|3.||"Boku ni Dekiru Koto" (僕にできること "What I Can Do")||SOHO||Akimoto Team K||4:09|
|4.||"Ren'ai Circus" (恋愛サーカス "Love Circus")||Osamu Masaki||Kashiwagi Team B||3:37|
|5.||"Kaze no Yukue" (風の行方 "Direction of the Wind")||Takamitsu Shimazaki||Asuka Kuramochi
|6.||"Wagamama Collection" (わがままコレクション "Selfish Collection")||Takamitsu Shimazaki||Aika Ōta
|7.||"Ningyo no Vacances" (人魚のバカンス "Mermaid's Vacances")||Okishishi Ueda||Aki Takajō
|8.||"Kimi to Boku no Kankei" (君と僕の関係 "My Relationship with You")||DR. OWL, RAY. M||Atsuko Maeda
|9.||"Iikagen no Susume" (イイカゲンのススメ "Encouragement to Be Irresponsible")||Sho Watanabe||Haruka Katayama
|10.||"High School Days" (High school days)||Takeshi Toriumi||Team Kenkyūsei||4:36|
|11.||"Team B Oshi" (チームB推し "Team B Fan")||Takao Yoshino||Team B||4:28|
|12.||"Chance no Junban"||Hiroko Konishi||4:19|
|14.||"Ponytail to Shushu"||Shinya Tada||4:29|
|16.||"Koko ni Ita Koto" (ここにいたこと "We Were Here")||KIS||AKB48
Limited Edition DVD
|1.||"Ponytail to Chouchou" (choreography videos)||4:29|
|2.||"Heavy Rotation" (choreography videos)||4:40|
|3.||"Beginner" (choreography videos)||3:57|
|4.||"Chance no Junban" (choreography videos)||4:17|
- 100-page photobook by Mika Ninagawa
- Photo of a member (randomly chosen from a set of 14)
- AKB48 special present lottery ticket
- Set of 14 circus clothes alternate covers (7 double-sided pictures)
- Set of 14 school uniform alternate covers (7 double-sided pictures)
- 5 solo member photos (customer selectable from a set of 2100)
|Oricon Weekly Albums Chart||1|
|Oricon Monthly Albums Chart||1|
Sales and certifications
|RIAJ physical shipping certification||Million|
- "AKB48新アルバムに新曲11曲、SKE・SDN・NMB参加曲も". Natasha,Inc. (in Japanese). Natasha,Inc. 2011-03-05. Retrieved 2011-06-20.
- "AKB48 announces million seller, new "Nemousu TV" season, original album details". Natalie, Sponichi Annex. Tokyograph. 2011-03-05. Retrieved 2011-06-20. Translated from original articles by Natalie and Sponichi Annex.
- "ここにいたこと ＡＫＢ４８のプロフィールならオリコン芸能人事典-ORICON STYLE" (in Japanese). Oricon Inc. Retrieved 2011-06-18.
- "AKB48 ：上半期売り上げ前年2．5倍の66億円 オリコン2冠". Mainichi Shimbun Digital Co.Ltd (in Japanese). MANTANWEB. 2011-06-22. Retrieved 2011-06-24.
- ゴールド等認定作品一覧 2011年06月 [Works Receiving Certifications List (Gold, etc) (June 2011)]. RIAJ (in Japanese). July 10, 2011. Retrieved July 14, 2011.
- "AKB48、初のオリジナルアルバムが発売決定". Oricon Inc. (in Japanese). Oricon Inc. 2011-02-21. Retrieved 2011-06-20.
- ＡＫＢ４８ 史上最多２万２５００人握手会！ (in Japanese). Sports Nippon Newspapers. 2011-03-05. Retrieved 2011-06-20.
- "AKB48、新シングル＆選抜総選挙決定！収益一部を義援金に". Natasha,Inc. (in Japanese). Natasha,Inc. 2011-03-29. Retrieved 2011-06-20.
- "AKB48、モー娘。以来11年ぶり快挙！ アルバム初週実売60.2万枚". Oricon Inc. (in Japanese). Oricon Inc. 2011-06-14. Retrieved 2011-06-20.
- Martin, Ian (2011-06-16). "AKB48 "Koko ni Ita Koto"". The Japan Times (in Japanese). The Japan Times. Retrieved 2011-07-01.
- Hadfield, James (2011-06-15). "AKB48, 'Koko ni Ita Koto'/Girls' Generation, 'Girls' Generation'". Time Out Tokyo. Time Out. Retrieved 2014-03-31.
- Regular Edition details at the King Records official website (Japanese)
- Limited Edition details at the King Records official website (Japanese)
- Regular Edition profile at the Oricon website (Japanese)