Kokomo, Indiana metropolitan area
The Kokomo Metropolitan Statistical Area, as defined by the United States Census Bureau, is an area consisting of two counties in Indiana, anchored by the city of Kokomo. As of the 2000 census, the MSA had a population of 101,541 (though a July 1, 2009 estimate placed the population at 98,787).
- Indian Heights (annexed to city of Kokomo in 2012)
As of the census of 2000, there were 101,541 people, 41,269 households, and 28,307 families residing within the MSA. The racial makeup of the MSA was 91.13% White, 5.50% African American, 0.33% Native American, 0.90% Asian, 0.02% Pacific Islander, 0.76% from other races, and 1.36% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.88% of the population.
The median income for a household in the MSA was $46,017, and the median income for a family was $54,566. Males had a median income of $42,938 versus $25,814 for females. The per capita income for the MSA was $21,988.
Combined Statistical Area
The Kokomo–Peru Combined Statistical Area (CSA) is made up of three counties in Indiana. The statistical area includes one metropolitan area and one micropolitan area. As of the 2000 Census, the CSA had a population of 137,623 (though a July 1, 2009 estimate placed the population at 134,788).
- Metropolitan Statistical Areas (MSAs)
- Kokomo (Howard and Tipton counties)
- Micropolitan Statistical Areas (μSA)
- Peru (Miami County)
- "Table 1. Annual Estimates of the Population of Metropolitan and Micropolitan Statistical Areas: April 1, 2000 to July 1, 2009 (CBSA-EST2009-01)" (CSV). 2009 Population Estimates. United States Census Bureau, Population Division. 2010-03-23. Retrieved 2010-03-25.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Table 2. Annual Estimates of the Population of Combined Statistical Areas: April 1, 2000 to July 1, 2009 (CBSA-EST2009-02)" (CSV). 2009 Population Estimates. United States Census Bureau, Population Division. 2010-03-23. Retrieved 2010-03-25.