Kokomo Municipal Airport
|Kokomo Municipal Airport|
|IATA: OKK – ICAO: KOKK – FAA LID: OKK|
|Elevation AMSL||830 ft / 253 m|
|Source: Federal Aviation Administration|
Kokomo Municipal Airport (IATA: OKK, ICAO: KOKK, FAA LID: OKK) is a public use airport located four nautical miles (7 km) northeast of the central business district of Kokomo, in Howard County, Indiana, United States. It is owned by the Kokomo Board of Aviation Commissioners. This airport is included in the FAA's National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2009–2013, which categorized it as a general aviation facility.
Facilities and aircraft 
Kokomo Municipal Airport covers an area of 432 acres (175 ha) at an elevation of 830 feet (253 m) above mean sea level. It has two asphalt paved runways: 5/23 is 5,201 by 150 feet (1,585 x 46 m) and 14/32 is 4,001 by 150 feet (1,220 x 46 m).
For the 12-month period ending December 31, 2008, the airport had 17,043 aircraft operations, an average of 46 per day: 93% general aviation, 4% military, and 3% air taxi. At that time there were 52 aircraft based at this airport: 90% single-engine, 4% multi-engine, 2% jet and 4% helicopter.
- FAA Airport Master Record for OKK ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective 29 July 2010.
- National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2009–2013: Appendix A: Part 2 (PDF, 1.04 MB). Federal Aviation Administration. Updated 15 October 2008.
- Airport page at City of Kokomo website
- Aerial photo from Indiana DOT
- Aerial image as of 24 March 1998 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for OKK, effective May 2, 2013
- Resources for this airport: