|Elevation||888 m (2,913 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
As of 2001[update] India census, Kolasib had a population of 18,852. Males constitute 51% of the population and females 49%. Kolasib has an average literacy rate of 82%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 83%, and female literacy is 81%. In Kolasib, 13% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Kolasib is agriculture-dominated economy with a few service sector jobs as it is a district capital. A large number of people cultivate beetle nut, oil palms, rice, wheat and fish which is both consumed and exported to other districts of Mizoram.
A helicopter service by Pawan Hans has been started which connects the Aizawl with Kolasib. The distance between Kolasib and Aizawl through NH 54 is 83 km and is connected with regular service of bus and jeeps.
There is one college - Kolasib College, under Mizoram University and a number of public and private schools.
The Major Higher Secondary School in Kolasib are:
- St. John's Higher Secondary School, Kolasib
- C. Zakhuma Higher Secondary School(CZS), Kolasib
- Madonna Open School
The Major Newspapers in Kolasib are:
- Ram Eng
- Kolasib Today
- Chhuahtlang Daily
- Kolasib Aw
Major Television Cable Network in Kolasib are:
- Kolasib Cable Network (KCN)
- C. Zakhuma Cable Network (CZS)
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "Economic activity gains momentum in Mizoram's Kolasib District". Yahoo News. Retrieved 29 August 2012.
- "MIZORAMA HELICOPTER SERVICE TUR CHIEF MINISTER IN HAWNG". Mizoram DIPR. Retrieved 14 August 2012.
- "Nilaini atangin ‘Helicopter Service". The Zozam Times. Retrieved 20 August 2012.
- "Aizawl to Shillong". Mizoram NIC. Retrieved 29 August 2012.
- "Accredited Journalists". DIPR Mizoram. Retrieved 5 September 2012.
|This article related to a location in the Indian state of Mizoram is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|