Koldbrann at Summer Breeze Open Air 2007
|Years active||2001 onward|
|Past members||Geir Antonsen
Jonas aus Slavia
Musically Koldbrann, like countrymen 1349, play very orthodox black metal in the classic Norwegian mould and have also received favorable comparisons to early Gorgoroth, Mayhem and Darkthrone. Much of the praise directed at the band has therefore been centered around their songwriting and excellent reproduction of the old sound of the Norwegian scene.
They recorded two demos in 2002 and their first album "Nekrotisk Inkvisition" one year later. It was originally limited to 333 units, but due to several recent re-releases more than five thousand have been released. After releasing a Split EP with Ljå and the Atomvinter EP the band moved to German label Twilight Vertrieb for the release of their second album "Moribund", which featured guest appearances by Iblis and L. Wachtfels from Endstille (who are on the same label). It was followed by a split with Faustcoven and a tour with Negator and Sarkom. In the year 2007 they toured with Taake and Urgehal and appeared at the 2007 edition of Oslo's Inferno Metal Festival. They also embarked on the same year on a tour of Eastern Europe with Marduk.
- Fredløs (2004) – split single with Ljå.
- Atomvinter (2006)
- Pogrom Pestilent (2006) – split single with Faustcoven.
- Stigma: På kant med livet (2008)
- Russian Vodka / Metalni Bog (2009, Corrosia Metalla/Bombarder cover)
- Pre-Prod 2002 (2002)
- Mislyder fra Det Nekrotiske Kammer (2002) – rehearsal tape.
- Live at Ragnarök Festival 2007 (2007) – official bootleg.
- Mannevond – vocals (2001–present)
- Kvass – guitar (2001–present)
- Stian Johnskareng – bass (2003–present)
- Dragev – guitar (2002)
- Jonas aus Slavia – bass (2002–2003)
- Fordervelse (Tom V. Nilsen) – drums (2001–2009)
- Geir Antonsen – guitar (2004–2009)
- General Kshatriya – guitar (1 show, 2003)
- Mpress – bass (2 shows, 2003)
- Kjøttring – bass (1 show, 2003)
- Balkan Inkvisition 2003 - 5 dates (Balkan, Headliner)
- German Inkvisition 2004 - 11 dates (Europe, w/Endstille)
- Black Hordes Over Europe 2006 - 10 dates (Europe, Headliner)
- Moribund Balkan Tour 2006 - 5 dates (Balkan, Headliner)
- Black Hordes Over Europe pt. II 2007 - 15 dates (Europe, w/Taake)
- Werewolf Tour 2007 - 14 dates (Eastern Europe, w/Marduk) 9 dates cancelled
- Triggers are no fun. Triggers ruin the life and happiness of millions. It must stop. We appeal in particular to the youth of today. THERE ARE BETTER THINGS IN LIFE "STOP THE MADNESS". Moribund (CD backcover). Koldbrann. 2006.
- "Koldbrann Enter Studio In March". metalunderground.com. 2006-01-23. Retrieved 2009-02-28.
- "KOLDBRANN Confirmed For Germany's BARTHER METAL OPENAIR Festival". blabbermouth.net. 2009-02-27. Retrieved 2009-02-28.
- Bänziger, Marcel (2005-01-21). "THE TOUR WAS A FUKKING GREAT EXPERIENCE FOR SURE!". archaic-magazine.com. Retrieved 2009-02-28.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Koldbrann.|