Kolkata Uttar (Lok Sabha constituency)
|Current MP||Sudip Bandyopadhyay|
Kolkata Uttar (Lok Sabha constituency) is one of the 543 parliamentary constituencies in India. The constituency is based on the northern parts of Kolkata in West Bengal. All the seven assembly segments of No. 24 Kolkata Uttar (Lok Sabha constituency) are in Kolkata district. As per order of the Delimitation Commission in respect of the delimitation of constituencies in the West Bengal, Calcutta North West (Lok Sabha constituency) and Calcutta North East (Lok Sabha constituency) ceased to exist and a new one came into being: Kolkata Uttar (Lok Sabha constituency).
Kolkata Uttar (Lok Sabha constituency) (parliamentary constituency no. 24) is composed of the following assembly segments:
- Chowranghee (assembly constituency no. 162)
- Entally (assembly constituency no. 163)
- Beleghata (assembly constituency no. 164)
- Jorasanko (assembly constituency no. 165)
- Shyampukur (assembly constituency no. 166)
- Maniktala (assembly constituency no. 167)
- Kashipur Belgachhia (assembly constituency no. 168)
|General Election, 2009:|
|Trinamool Congress||Sudip Bandyopadhyay||4,60,646||52.50|
|BSP||Sharad Kumar Singh||5,666||0.65|
|LJP||Avinash Kumar Agarwal||2,268||0.26|
|Independent||Kanchan Kumar Sarkar||0||0|
|Independent||Kumodh Narayan Chowdhury||0||0|
|Party||Seats won||Seat change|
|Indian National Congress||6||0|
|Socialist Unity Centre of India (Communist)||1||1|
|Communist Party of India (Marxist)||9||17|
|Communist Party of India||2||1|
|Revolutionary Socialist Party||2||1|
|Bharatiya Janata Party||1||1|
- "Press Note, Delimitation Commission". Assembly Constituencies in West Bengal. Delimitation Commission. Retrieved 2008-10-28.
- "Delimitation Commission Order No. 18". Table B – Extent of Parliamentary Constituencies. Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 2009-05-27.
- "General Elections, 2009 (15th Lok Sabha) Constituency Wise Detailed Results". West Bengal. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-01-25.