|Komaba-Tōdaimae Station, West Exit|
(See other stations in Tokyo)
|Line(s)||Keio Inokashira Line|
|Statistics||39,297 passengers/day (FY2011)|
The station's name is a combination of Komaba, the name of the suburb in which it is located, and Todai-mae - which means "in front of University of Tokyo".
Only all-stations "Local" services stop at this station.
There are two main exits from the station, East and West. The East Exit is close to the main entrance to the Komaba campus of the University of Tokyo, and to the central part of Komaba. The West Exit leads to Komaba 2, 3, and 4 chōme.
The station has one island platform, serving two tracks. Because the station is located on a slope, on the western end, toward Kichijoji, it is effectively an elevated station; the eastern end is an ordinary ground-level platform. The ticket gate at the western entrance is located on ground level, below the level of the platform, and the gate at eastern gate is located in an above-track station building, higher than the platforms.
There is an elevator between the platform and ground-level at the western entrance.
|1||■Keio Inokashira Line||for Shimo-Kitazawa, Meidaimae, and Kichijōji|
|2||■Keio Inokashira Line||for Shibuya|
|Keio Inokashira Line (IN03)|
|Shinsen (IN02)||Local||Ikenoue (IN04)|
|Express: no stop|
The station opened on 11 July 1965.
From 22 February 2013, station numbering was introduced on Keio lines, with Komaba-Tōdaimae Station becoming "IN03".
In fiscal 2011, the station was used by an average of 39,297 passengers daily.
The passenger figures for previous years are as shown below.
|Fiscal year||Daily average|
- University of Tokyo, Komaba Campus
- National Center for University Entrance Examinations
- Japanese Folk Crafts Museum
- Komaba Park
- Terada, Hirokazu (July 2002). データブック日本の私鉄 [Databook: Japan's Private Railways]. Japan: Neko Publishing. p. 205. ISBN 4-87366-874-3.
- Kawashima, Ryozo (April 2010). 日本の鉄道 中部ライン 全線・全駅・全配線 第１巻 東京駅―三鷹エリア [Railways of Japan - Chubu Line - Lines/Stations/Track plans - Vol 1 Tokyo Station - Mitaka Area]. Japan: Kodansha. p. 10, 52. ISBN 978-4-06-270061-0.
- 京王線・井の頭線全駅で「駅ナンバリング」を導入します。 [Station numbering to be introduced on Keio Line and Inokashira Line] (pdf). News release (in Japanese). Keio Corporation. 18 January 2013. Retrieved 23 February 2013.
- 1日の駅別乗降人員 [Average daily station usage figures] (in Japanese). Japan: Keio Corporation. 2013. Retrieved 23 February 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Komaba-Tōdaimae Station.|
- Komaba-Tōdaimae Station information (Keio) (Japanese)