27 February 1988 |
Komeil Ghasemi (Persian: کمیل قاسمی, born 27 February 1988) is an Iranian wrestler who won a bronze medal in the men's freestyle 120 kg event at the 2012 Summer Olympics. He also won a silver medal at the 2011 Asian Wrestling Championships in the 120 kg freestyle discipline. He was born in Sari, in Iran's Mazandaran province. Following his Olympic appearance, Ghasemi won the 120 kg weight class at the 2013 Freestyle World Cup in Tehran, Iran, helping his nation take gold in the tournament. At the 2014 Asian Wrestling Championships he won a gold medal in the 125+ kg freestyle tournament, while at that year's World Championships he took silver in the same event.
- Gjerde, Arild; Jeroen Heijmans; Bill Mallon; Hilary Evans (August 2012). "Komeil Ghasemi Biography and Olympic Results". Olympics. Sports Reference.com. Retrieved 2012-08-11.
- "ASIAN CHAMPIONSHIP - TASHKENT 2011" (PDF). International Federation of Associated Wrestling Styles. May 2011. Retrieved 2012-08-11.
- "Komeil Ghasemi". Athletes. London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games. August 2012. Retrieved 2012-08-11.
- "Iran wins Freestyle Wrestling World Cup". Tehran Times Volume. 11652 22 Feb 2013. Retrieved 22 February 2013.
- "Asian Senior Championship - New Delhi (IND)" (PDF). International Federation of Associated Wrestling Styles. April 2014. Retrieved 2014-04-23.
- "Iran’s Komeil Ghasemi wins silver in World Wrestling Championships". Tehran Times. 2014-09-09.
|This article about an Iranian Olympic medalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|