|This article may be expanded with text translated from the corresponding article in the Indonesian Wikipedia. (April 2012)|
Availability (since 9 September 2011)
|aora TV Satelit||919|
Kompas TV is an Indonesian television station network based in Jakarta, Indonesia. Kompas TV is a television content provider owned by Kompas Gramedia Group; the media group based on Kompas daily, one of Indonesia's leading newspapers, established by Jacob Oetama. Kompas TV was launched on September 9, 2011 with a ”Simfoni Semesta Raya” performance. Kompas TV tag line is "Inspirasi Indonesia" or "Indonesia's Inspiration".
Kompas HD is a simulcast of Kompas TV, Indonesia's first free to air high definition channel, currently viewable only on Aora TV.
Hours before the maiden broadcast, the Indonesia Broadcasting Commission issued a statement that Kompas TV did not have a broadcasting license. In response, Kompas TV announced that the channel was merely a content provider and was not required to have a broadcast license because its content could be aired on regional and international channels. Kompas TV started their broadcast through local television networks in some of the Indonesian provinces. The local television networks featured 70% local content and 30% Kompas TV programmes. The local TV stations that air the Kompas TV network are:
Other Indonesian cities are expected to follow later through the establishment of local stations that relay Kompas broadcasts. Since 9 September 2011, Kompas TV has been available through these pay television networks:
- Indovision (Indovision says Kompas TV will be the new channel in Indovision)
- Centrin TV
- First Media
- Groovia TV
Kompas TV Digital
PT Gramedia Nusantara proposed Digital TV broadcasting, but the government has postponed approval pending completion of its National TV Digital Broadcasting Policy.
Programs in Kompas TV are different than another Indonesian TV. News (such as Kompas Pagi, etc.) are included this. Children program are broadcast every weekdays daytime, like Jalan Sesama and Science is Fun, and cartoon likes Sid the Science Kid and Dinosaur Train. Sports like Formula 1 are the best for Kompas TV because Kompas TV was the first HD channel to broadcast F1. Dramas likes Duet and Antologi are primetime series more.
- Tweet KompasTV mengenai ketersediaan di televisi berlangganan
- Tweet Kompas TV mengenai sistem berjaringan (1 dari 2)
- Tweet Kompas TV mengenai sistem berjaringan (2 dari 2)
- A. Wisnubrata (9). "'Kompas' di Layar Kaca Diluncurkan Malam Ini". Kompas.com (in Bahasa Indonesian). KOMPAS.com. Retrieved 11 June 2012.
- "Kompas TV launched amid KPI warning". The Jakarta Post (in English). PT. Bina Media Tenggara. 9. Retrieved 11 June 2012.
- Tweet Kompas TV mengenai daftar saluran (1 dari 2)
- Tweet Kompas TV mengenai daftar saluran (2 dari 2)
- As seen in the upper left of the video
- Corresponding picture on the Indonesian WikiPedia
- Suryanto (3). "Kompas TV Sewa "Bandwidth" Satelit Palapa Indosat". Antara news (in Bahasa Indonesian). www.antaranews.com. Retrieved 11 June 2012.
- Oleh Arif Pitoyo (11). "Kominfo peringatkan Kompas TV". Bisnis Indonesia (in Bahasa Indonesian). Bisnis Indonesia. Retrieved 11 June 2012.