Konchem Ishtam Konchem Kashtam
|Koncham Ishtam Koncham Kashtam|
|Directed by||Kishore Kumar Pardasani (Dolly)|
|Produced by||Nallamalapu Srinivas (Bujji)|
|Written by||Kishore kumar|
|Edited by||A. Sreekar Prasad|
Konchem Ishtam Konchem Kashtam is a 2009 Telugu film directed by debutante Kishore Kumar Pardasani (Dolly), starring Siddharth and Tamannaah with Prakash Raj, Ramya Krishna, Brahmanandam in supporting roles, whilst the music was scored by critically acclaimed trio Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy. The film was released on 5 February 2009. It has won three Nandi Awards and three CineMAA Awards, while Ramya Krishnan won the Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress - Telugu. It has been remade in Bengali as Romeo (2011). There was also a Nepali version Mayako Barima starring Rajesh Hamal. It has been dubbed into Tamil under the same title.
The story is set in the backdrop of a village where Geeta (Tamannaah) grows under the shade of her doting father Subramaniam (Nassar) who takes care of everything for her and she is equally attached to him. She comes to Hyderabad for higher studies and stays at her uncle Gachibowli Diwakar's (Brahmanandam) house. There, her cousin Swathi (Karuna) has a group of friends and one among them is the happy and playful Siddharth, or Siddhu (Siddharth).
Actually, both of Siddhu's parents had a love marriage. Eventually, both Siddhu and Geeta fall in love and the time comes for Siddhu to ask Geeta's hand in marriage. Subramaniam says that if Siddhu can unite his parents and get them together, he would be willing to accept the proposal.
From then on start the efforts and trials of both Siddhu and Geetha to get Prakash and Rajyalakshmi together. One night, when Prakash is driving Siddhu to his mother's home, they talk about when his parents separated. His father understands his feelings and what he's trying to say, and his father answers "that he couldn't have done anything,his mother just left him." To this Siddhu answers, "No, you should have gone after her. You should have never let her go." Even after this talk with Prakash, Geeta and Siddhu have lots of failures, but eventually Siddhu unites his parents together and Geeta's father, Subramaniam, also unites the other lovers, Geeta and Siddhu in this fun loving family movie.
- Siddharth as Siddharth (Siddu)
- Tamannaah as Geeta
- Vaibhav Talwar as Peddanaidu
- Prakash Raj as Prakash
- Ramya Krishna as Rajyalakshmi
- Brahmanandam as Gachibowli Diwakar
- Nassar as Subramaniam
- Venu Madhav as Bangaram
- Karuna as Swathi
- Hema as Gachibowli Diwakar's Wife
- Sudha as Geeta's Mother
- Surekha Vani
- Raju Sundaram in a special appearance
|Konchem Ishtam Konchem Kashtam|
|Soundtrack album by Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy|
9 January 2009
|Recorded||Purple Haze & Purple Rain Studios, Mumbai|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
The soundtrack features 8 songs composed by Bollywood composer trio Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy with lyrics written by Sirivennela Sitaramasastri, Chandrabose and Ramajogayya Sastry. The film marks the Telugu debut of the composers.
The album received overwhelmingly positive reviews from the critics. Bangalore Mirror review, said: "The intelligently localized sound in the trio’s Telugu debut does the trick". Sheetal Tiwari of Bollyspice, in her four star review, summed up: "Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy have a created a totally different sound for KIKK. Do not be surprised if Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy make a habit of directing Telugu musicals because they have without a doubt left their mark". Indiaglitz described the album as an "amalgamation of class, mass and western tunes".
|1.||"Egire Egire"||Chandrabose||Clinton Cerejo, Hemachandra, Raman Mahadevan, Shilpa Rao||4:08|
|2.||"Aanandama"||Sirivennela Sitaramasastri||Shankar Mahadevan, Shreya Ghoshal||4:50|
|3.||"Abacha"||Chandrabose||Mahalakshmi Iyer, Shilpa Rao||4:39|
|4.||"Konchem Ishtam"||Seetharama Sastry||Shankar Mahadevan||5:22|
|5.||"Evade Subramaniam"||Chinni Charan||Shankar Mahadevan||5:31|
|6.||"Antha Siddanga"||Seetharama Sastry||Shreya Ghoshal, Sonu Nigam||4:43|
|7.||"Enduku Chentaki"||Seetharama Sastry||Unni Krishnan||5:04|
|8.||"Panchirey"||Ramajogayya Sastry||Kirti Sagathia, Sadhana Sargam||4:55|
- CineMAA Award for Best Comedian - Brahmanandam
- CineMAA Award for Best Debut Director - Kishore Kumar
- Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress - Telugu - Ramya Krishnan
- Nominated - Filmfare Award for Best Music Director – Telugu
- Nominated - Filmfare Award for Best Film – Telugu
- Nandi Award for Akkineni Award for best home-viewing feature film
- Nandi Award for Best Female Comedian - Hema
- Nandi Award for Best Screenplay Writer - Vikram Sirikonda & Deepak Raj
- Mirchi Music Awards Critic Awards (Album)
- Mirchi Music Awards Critic Awards (Song) - "Anandama"
- "KI-KK is the title of Siddhartha's next movie". oneindia.com. Retrieved 2009-01-10.
- "Konchem Ishtam Konchem Kashtam Overseas Rights". greatandhra.com. Retrieved 2009-01-10.
- "Konchem Ishtam Konchem Kashtam: Smart package, Entertainment - Music Review - Bangalore Mirror,Bangalore Mirror". Bangaloremirror.com. Retrieved 2011-07-05.
- "Konchem Ishtam Konchem Kashtam". BollySpice. 2009-01-15. Retrieved 2011-07-05.
- "Konchem Istam Konchem Kastam Music Review songs lyrics". IndiaGlitz. 2009-01-21. Retrieved 2011-07-05.
- "57th South Filmfare Awards Winners (Telugu)| Nominees | Other Details". Andhraspider.com. Retrieved 2011-07-06.
- "Mirchi Music Award 2009". Radiomirchi.com. Retrieved 2011-07-06.