Konkola Copper Mines
Konkola Copper Mines is a copper mining and smelting company in Zambia. It is a subsidiary of Vedanta Resources, a mining conglomerate based in Mumbai and London. Konkola's name is abbreviated to KCM.
- Konkola Copper Mine
- Nchanga Copper Mines near Chingola, also producing cobalt; Nchanga ore concentrator Plants
- Nampundwe Pyrites Mine (pyrites are used in the copper smelting process)
- The Nchanga (in Chingola) and Nkana Smelters, & Nkana Refinery etc. in Kitwe. The Nchanga is currently the largest copper smelter in Zambia.
Exports are transported to the ports of Dar es Salaam in Tanzania and Durban in South Africa. Principal markets include the Middle East and East Asia. Metal is also sold domestically, to Metal Fabricators of Zambia (ZAMEFA).
- Konkola Copper Mines official site
- Vedanta Resources official site
- Konkola Copper Mines at Alacrastore
|This article about a copper-related corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|