Nakaimo - My Sister is Among Them!
|Nakaimo - My Sister is Among Them!|
Cover of the first light novel
(Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru!)
|Written by||Hajime Taguchi|
|Published by||Media Factory|
|Original run||August 25, 2010 – March 25, 2013|
|Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru! - Who is "IMOUTO"?|
|Published by||Media Factory|
|Original run||May 2011 – ongoing|
|Anime television series|
|Nakaimo – My Sister is Among Them!|
|Directed by||Munenori Nawa|
|Written by||Go Zappa|
|Music by||Hikaru Nanase|
|Network||TBS, MBS, CBC, BS-TBS|
|Original run||July 6, 2012 – September 28, 2012|
|Episodes||12 + OVA|
Nakaimo - My Sister is Among Them! (この中に１人、妹がいる！ Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru! ) is a Japanese light novel series by Hajime Taguchi. It was adapted into an anime television series by Studio Gokumi. The anime was aired between July 6 and September 28, 2012. The anime series is licensed by Sentai Filmworks and is streaming on Crunchyroll and Anime Network
Abiding by his father's will, Shougo was transferred into Miryuuin Academy where many young girls attend. It appears as though his younger sister, separated from him at birth, also attends this academy, and that she is trying to get closer to him without letting him know who she actually is. At the same time, Shougo becomes popular with the other girls as well.
- Shougo Mikadono (帝野 将悟 Mikadono Shōgo )
- Voiced by: Takahiro Sakurai (Japanese), Clint Bickham (English)
- The male protagonist who is the heir to the Mikadono Group. For him to take over, he needs to graduate from school as well as finding a life partner. However, things become complicated as he learns that his father, Kumagorou, had an illegitimate daughter who is watching over him as well as attending the same school. This leads to Shougo trying to find his sister. He has a scar on his forehead from an accident when he was kid and caused him to lose bits of his memories. In volume 8 of the novel, Shougo has chosen Konoe to be his lover but she is also revealed to be Kumagorou's illegitimate daughter. However, in volume 9 it is revealed that he is not Kumagorou's biological son and thus Konoe is not really his sister.
- Konoe Tsuruma (鶴眞 心乃枝 Tsuruma Konoe )
- Voiced by: Kaori Ishihara (Japanese), Monica Rial (English)
- A young girl who attends the same school as Shougo and also the first friend he makes on his first day of his new life. Very curious and believing in destined meetings, she is in the same class as Shougo as well as the class representative. She loves creme puffs. She revealed later that she was Shougo's childhood friend and feels responsible for the accident which landed him in hospital. She has the same phone as the mysterious shadowy figure shown once calling Shougo. It is later revealed that she was also the one who sent him the cake, photo, and action figure on his birthday. She initially called him using "Perin-chan's" voice, the voice of a character from Grand Bellion. She is in love with Shougo. This fact is enforced when she tells Shougo, "When we were kids, I wanted to be your sister. I figured we could be together forever that way." The phone she used was a prototype developed by her father with a rare voice changer feature. In volume 8 of the novel, she becomes Shougo's lover but it is also revealed that she is Kumagorou's illegitimate daughter. However, in volume 9 it is discovered that Shougo is not Kumagorou's biological son and thus she is not really Shogou's sister.
- Miyabi Kannagi (神凪 雅 Kannagi Miyabi )
- Voiced by: Ayane Sakura (Japanese), Brittney Karbowski (English)
- Another classmate of Shougo and a member of the Swimming Club. Miyabi revealed that she met Shougo in the same hospital when he was recovering from the accident—whenever her father went in for treatments, she would play outside with him. When Shougo first attempted to speak to her upon meeting her in class, she refused to talk to him. After that, she overheard his conversation with Konoe and after seeing them almost kiss, demands for him to kiss her. She reasons that after Shougo calls Konoe "just a classmate," it should be fine for him to kiss her as well. When she reveals to Shougo about their relationship together, she also confesses (with Konoe and Shougo present) that she fell in love with Shougo as kids and along with Konoe was elated upon learning of his transfer. She is competitive with Konoe about wanting to marry Shougo, to the point where they will argue about it in front of him. As the story progresses, she often interrupts romantic moments between Shougo and Konoe. In episode 12 of the anime and volume 4 of the novel, she is believed to be his sister. However, it is discovered later that she is actually his cousin by DNA test in volume 8. Eventually, Miyabi becomes Shougo's sister in volume 9 when her father and Shougo's mother get married.
- Rinka Kunitachi (国立 凜香 Kunitachi Rinka )
- Voiced by: Ayana Taketatsu (Japanese), Maggie Flecknoe (English)
- A first-year student council vice-president of Miryuuin Academy and it is implied that she was brought up in a noble family. After Shougo transferred into Miryuuin, Konoe calls her "a princess to the core." Rinka keeps the Student Council President in line and is shown to be very good at dancing. She is a more distant aloof character who has a tendency to be competitive. Rinka later revealed that school director Genda asked her to find Shougo's sister so that he can have leverage when working for the Mikadono Group. Rinka used Sagara's phone when making a fake sister announcement to threaten the director. Shougo soon found out her scheme by using Konoe's phone. Then, Shougo volunteered to pretend to be her lover so that her engagement with the director's son becomes invalid. Thereafter, Rinka has decided to pursue Shougo as her true boyfriend.
- Mana Tendou (天導 愛菜 Tendō Mana )
- Voiced by: Asuka Ōgame (Japanese), Emily Neves (English)
- The student council president of Miryuuin Academy. She is shown to have a more childish personality, generally on the quieter side except for big events, where she gets really excited and tends to be more outgoing and loud.
- Mei Sagara (嵯峨良 芽依 Sagara Mei )
- Voiced by: Rina Hidaka (Japanese), Meg McDonald (English)
- A third-year bespectacled girl who dresses as a witch and works in a little sister cafe. The first time that Shougo met her, she revealed that she worked at a cosplay café. Specifically, "A dream-like café where anyone can become an older brother or older sister!" She was abandoned when she was one or two years old and was adopted by a university professor because of her mathematical intellect. The cosplay café belonged to her adopted mother, but she soon passed away because of illness. She lived with her father in Massachusetts after that, but returned after earning enough money and bought back the cosplay café. Sagara also has the same phone that Konoe has. It's revealed that she knows Shougo's real sister and does not want her to be exposed to Mikadono family because she is an illegitimate child. But after Shougo made a promise to protect her, Mei said she will tell him if he proves himself that he's a good older brother.
- Yuzurina Houshou (宝生 柚璃奈 Hōshō Yuzurina )
- Voiced by: Yui Ogura (Japanese), Meaghan Avocado (English)
- A mysterious girl who pretended to be Shougo's real sister and appears to have good intentions to help Shougo. However she is actually the true mastermind of all the accidents that have occurred around him. Her real name is Nayuri Danno (檀埜 那百合 Danno Nayuri ), a former famous child actress who starred as Perin-chan in Grand Bellion, Shougo's favorite show during his childhood. It was revealed later that she was hired to cause a scandal for Shougo.
- Ikusu Mizutani (水谷 衣楠 Mizutani Ikusu )
- Voiced by: Ami Koshimizu (Japanese), Kara Greenberg (English)
- A member of the Seiryuu Association. Initially introduced as "Mister X", she was sent to investigate on the identity of Shougo's younger sister while disguising herself as a male student in Miryuuin Academy. She often sneaks into Shougo's apartment to use his shower as part of her routine. She is trying to become a modern day ninja, and as the Seiryuu Association is men-only, she disguised herself as a guy to become part of the association. She often puts Shougo in awkward situations.
- Kumagorou Mikadono (帝野 熊五郎 Mikadono Kumagorō )
- Voiced by: Rikiya Koyama (Japanese), John Swasey (English)
- Shougo's father, who was the previous president of the Mikadono Group. He is also a friend of Konoe's father. He apparently fathered an illegitimate daughter but Kanoko does not want anything to do with the child, thus Shougo has no leads as to who the girl's identity is.
- Kanoko Mikadono (帝野 鹿野子 Mikadono Kanoko )
- Voiced by: Aya Hisakawa (Japanese), Shelley Calene-Black (English)
- Shougo's mother. She temporary assumes control of the Mikadono Group until Shougo is ready to take over.
- Risa Seri (瀬利 吏沙 Seri Risa )
- Voiced by: Ayako Kawasumi (Japanese), Kaytha Coker (English)
- Secretary and a close aide of Kanoko. Shougo entrusted her help to perform a DNA test to verify his real sister. However, she was discovered by Ikusu to have ill-intentions to invalidate Shougo's bid to take over the Mikadono Group and working together with Yuzurina behind the scenes.
- Kurumi Kashinoki (樫木 来実 Kashinoki Kurumi )
- Voiced by: Maho Matsunaga (Japanese), Brittany Deans (English)
- A first year student and a waitress at Lyrical Sisters Cafe. She is also cheerful and cute.
- Maiko Kotori (小都里 まい子 Kotori Maiko )
- Voiced by: Arisa Noto (Japanese), Tiffany Grant (English)
- She is the home room teacher in the class Shougo attends. Her personality is very aggressive, and she hates people who ask stupid questions. On top of that, she looks like a child due her small appearance.
An anime adaptation produced by Studio Gokumi and directed by Munenori Nawa aired between July and September 2012. The anime is simulcast streamed by Crunchyroll using the title Nakaimo – My Sister is Among Them!. The opening theme is "Choose me Darling", performed by StylipS, while the ending theme song is "Heavenly Lover", performed by Kaori Ishihara, Ayane Sakura, Ayana Taketatsu, Asuka Ōgame, & Rina Hidaka
|1||"The Voice of My Unfamiliar Little Sister"
"Mishiranu Imōto kara no Koe" (見知らぬ妹からの声)
|July 6, 2012|
|2||"My Sister and the Moonlit Dance"
"Imōto to Tsukiyo no Dansu" (妹と月夜のダンス)
|July 13, 2012|
|3||"My Sister's Seduction"
"Imōto-tachi no Yūwaku" (妹たちの誘惑)
|July 20, 2012|
|4||"My Sister's Hero is Her Onii-sama!"
"Imōto no Hīrō wa Onīsama!" (妹のヒーローはお兄さま！)
|July 27, 2012|
|5||"My Little Sister Won't Let Me Sleep"
"Imōto ga Nekasete Kurenai" (妹が寝かせてくれない)
|August 17, 2012|
|Shougo is constantly being awoken by his supposed little sister every early morning on a daily basis, much to his accoyance. Sleep deprived, Shougo is unwittingly invited by Mei to sleep with her in her secret room at school, much to his uneasiness. During a date with Miyabi, Shougo had a chance of visiting Mei's shop, "Lyrical Sister". While resting in Mei's room at school, Shougo learns that Mei is an adopted child and is running her shop for her late-mother's sake. Shougo then discovers the prototype phone — the same one as Konoe's — in Mei's room, and while reporting this to Ikusu, Shougo learns that Mei is closing the shop for her leave to Massachusetts.|
|6||"My Neko-mimi Maid Sisters"
"Nekomimi Meido na Imōto-tachi" (猫耳メイドな妹たち)
|August 24, 2012|
|Due to her shop failing, Mei is told by her adoptive father to come back to Massachusetts. In response to this, Shougo tells Mei he is willing to get her shop back on track. After a successful advertising made by Shougo, Mei's shop earns much more and is now able to stand on its own. After Mei's failed seduction, Shougo discovers that the latter was the supposed little sister calling him every morning. Facing Mei, she admits that she was distracting Shougo from knowing his real little sister to prevent her from being tormented by Shougo's family and scandals from his company. However, Shougo firmly declares that he will do anything in his power to protect his little sister and in exchange Mei promises him to introduce him to her if he is able enough to do so as Shougo asks Mei for her to take care of his little sister.|
|7||"My Little Sister is Disciplined and Beautiful!"
"Imōto wa, Kiritsu Tadashiku Utsukushiku!" (妹は、規律正しく美しく！)
|August 24, 2012|
|Konoe and Miyabi became increasingly intimate with Shougo as the latter fears of whoever he chooses between the two as his wife could be his biological little sister. As a precaution, Ikusu suggests of applying a DNA test on both of them which Shougo agrees. While Konoe agrees on taking the test, Miyabi strongly declines for mistaking Shougo as a fetishist. Afterwards, a board of directors came to inspect the academy's performance and while having a meeting with Shougo, a person who claims herself as the latter's little sister makes an announcement over the school's intercom and blackmails Shougo of exposing his secrets by finding her but tells him to be careful. Finding the latter action to be in bad taste by the board, as a response, the academy's student council appoints Shougo as their morality officer. As student council members act more strict over the students for their misconduct, Ikusu suspects Rinka as the one behind the blackmailing incident.|
|8||"My Sister Resisted"
"Imōto wa Aragatteita" (妹はあらがっていた)
|August 31, 2012|
|Shougo gets himself reprimanded by Rinka for not properly acting as a morality officer. Afterwards, Shougo and Ikusu have a double-date with Rinka and Mana at an amusement park for the purpose of thoroughly investigating Rinka as suggested by Ikusu. After their date, Shougo notices that a phone accessory he bought from the park resembles the one on Mei's which Rinka once noted she had seen it before. Coming to a conclusion, Shougo confronts Rinka and immediately points at her as the culprit behind the blackmailing incident. After an exchange, Rinka admits that she was indeed the one behind the incident but with the sole purpose of warning Shougo; as it turns out that the blackmailing was meant for Genda, one of the board members whose son is betrothed to Rinka. Genda tasked Rinka to investigate on Shougo's illegitimate little sister in order to use the information to blackmail the Mikadono Group. Against with the scheme and the engagement, Rinka uses Mei's phone and its voice-changing function as a means to express her contradiction. Reflecting on the time they spent during their date, Shougo volunteers to become Rinka's fake boyfriend to call off her engagement, which turn out to be successful. Afterwards, Rinka pursues Shougo to become her true boyfriend.|
|9||"Surprise Attack! Little Sister Warning!"
"Kyūshū! Imōto Chūihō!" (急襲!妹注意報!)
|September 7, 2012|
|A girl named Yuzurina Houshou moves in Shougo's next door and introduces herself to the latter as his little sister, much to his shock. After Yuzurina explains to him the situation, Shougo receives a call from her mother and tells him on bringing with him a female accomplice — who is supposed to be his future partner — during the Mikadono Group party. While frolicking in their academy's pool, the girls close to Shougo learns of Yuzurina's sibling relationship with him, much to their disbelief and Miyabi asks for proof behind it. After agreeing to take a DNA test, the girls argue on who will Shougo choose as his accomplice to the party. Later at his apartment, Shougo is being made dinner by Konoe and the latter presents herself as his dessert. While Shougo teases Konoe, a bewildered Yuzurina overhears them. Shougo then sees Konoe off and the latter tells Shougo to kiss her as a shocked Miyabi witnesses this. Afterwards, Shougo receives the result from the DNA test — confirming his sibling relationship with Yuzurina.|
|10||"My Blooming Sisters"
"Hanasaku Imōto-tachi" (花咲く妹たち)
|September 14, 2012|
|With the help of Yuzurina's influence, Shougo invite Konoe, Miyabi, Mei, Rinka and Mana to the Mikadono Group party while Miyabi acts indifferently during the party. While looking for Miyabi, Shougo and Ikusu, whom the latter is disguised as a waitress, discover that the aide of Shougo's mother, Seri, is working for someone who is plotting to remove Shougo's candidacy as the next head of the Mikadono Group via a scandal and Ikusu advice Shougo to lay low for the time being. Afterwards, Shougo discusses his findings with Yuzurina, and while dismayed about Seri's scheme, adds that she is fine with publicizing herself as Shougo's little sister. After being told to live a virtuous life by Yuzurina, Shougo heads back to the party and is lunged by a drunk Miyabi who eventually vomits and passes out as Shougo has her brought to a hotel room. There, Miyabi makes her move on Shougo but cries as she asks Shougo to never leave her side again. Later, after seeing the other girls off, Shougo gets scolded by his mother for recent events and discovers that Seri was the one responsible for inviting the girls and not Yuzurina.|
|11||"My Sister's Trap"
"Imōto no Wana" (妹の罠)
|September 21, 2012|
|Shougo is woken up by Yuzurina who later cooks him breakfast. Yuzurina later denies herself as the person who claim to marry Shougo during his father's funeral. After being absent from class, Miyabi receives a visit from Shougo and Konoe with the latter leaving her place abruptly. After a moment of awkward silence, Miyabi asks Shougo to kiss her and Shougo rejects; instead Miyabi tells Shougo to go on a date with her. That evening, Yuzurina apprises Shougo that Konoe was the person who came to his father's funeral asking for marriage, much to Shougo's disbelief. The next day, Miyabi returns to class much livelier yet Konoe worries for her. Realizing something, Shougo barges into the student council room and asks Rinka for information. Days later, Shougo and Miyabi head out on their date while Ikusu caught a glimpse of Yuzurina as a character in Shougo's favorite show during his childhood, "Transforming Warrior: Grand Bellion".|
|12||"My Sister Was Always Beside Me"
"Imōto wa Zutto, Soba ni Ita" (妹はずっと、そばにいた)
|September 28, 2012|
|Saying goodbye to Miyabi after their date, Shougo gets kissed by Miyabi by surprise and asks him to go out with her but gets rejected by Shougo and Miyabi tearfully storms off. Shougo then turns to Yuzurina, who is actually Nayuri Danno, a famous childhood actress who once played as Perin, Grand Bellion's partner in Shougo's favorite childhood show. Nayuri acted as Shougo's sister to cause a scandal for Shougo by making him and Miyabi a couple, whom of which the latter is actually her true little sister. Moreover, she hired Seri to alter the results of the DNA tests. By the time Nayuri disappeared, Miyabi had an accident during her pool practice and gets sent to the school's infirmary. There, Shougo thanked Mei for looking after Miyabi. Afterwards, Miyabi reveals that she was the one who asked Shougo to marry her back at the funeral and is only trying to hide her sibling relationship with Shougo so that they could be lovers. Furthermore, Nayuri fooled Miyabi into coercing her to losing the letter Kumagorou had sent to her, which contains the evidence of Shougo and Miyabi's sibling relationship. Consequently Nayuri deceived Miyabi that no letter exists thus there is no proving of her being Shougo's little sister yet Nayuri gives her blessings to Miyabi of being a couple with Shougo. Shougo then reveals to Miyabi Nayuri's true identity and nature, much to her shock and Shougo reassures her by saying they're siblings, which Miyabi happily insist they are. Some time later, Shougo and the others congratulate Miyabi over her performance during a swim match while Ikusu fails to locate Nayuri. Then, Shougo gets chased again by the girls after their argument over him.|
|OVA||"Big Brother, Little Sister, Lover"
"Ani, Imōto, Koibito" (兄、妹、恋人)
|March 27, 2013|
|Miyabi takes advantage of Shougo over the girls who wish to get close with him under the pretense of being siblings and adds that she will choose on who she will approve as Shougo's girlfriend and future partner. In response to this Mei and Ikusu hold a dating contest on Shougo where Miyabi will choose the most suitable partner for her brother from Konoe, Rinka, Mana, Mei and Ikusu. During the dates, Miyabi continuously distracts and drags Shougo away from the girls out of jealousy. Meanwhile, in Konoe's turn, she takes both Miyabi and Shougo out to an amusement park. Ultimately, Konoe brings the group to a bridal experience fair where the girls wear wedding dresses to get a first-hand experience of being brides. On Konoe and Shougo's wedding photo, the pseudo-couple allow Miyabi to be with them at the picture. Afterwards, the other girls, donning their wedding outfits, ask on who will Shougo choose next to take a wedding picture with.|
- "Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imōto ga Iru! Anime Staff, Date Revealed". Anime News Network. 2012-03-21. Retrieved 2012-03-26.
- Media Factory (2012). "Nakaimo - My Sister is Among Them!". Cruncyroll. Retrieved 1 October 2012.
- "Nakaimo - My Sister is Among Them!". Anime Network. 2012. Retrieved 1 October 2012.