From 1989 to 1992 Chuychenko served in the KGB. In March 2001 he became the Chief of the Legal Department of Gazprom and since April 2002 he has been a member of the management committee of Gazprom. From 17 January 2003 to July 2004 he was the Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Gazprom Media holding. Since March 2003 he has been a member of the board of directors of the TNT TV network. He is also a member of the board of directors of Gazprom Media, NTV and a shareholder of Gazprom. Since July 2004 he has been an executive director of RosUkrEnergo representing Gazprombank. Since 23 December 2005, he has been a member of the board of directors of Sibneft (now Gazprom Neft).
He is an aide to Russian president Medvedev, serving as Head of the Control Department in the presidential administration, whose role is to ensure that presidential policies are followed by the appropriate elements of the Russian state.
- "Medvedev names key advisers and most are Putin men". Reuters. 14 May 2008. Retrieved 5 February 2010.
- "The Anointed One:Tracking the Rise of Putin's Crown Prince". Der Spiegel. 26 February 2008. Retrieved 5 February 2010.
- "Konstantin Chuychenko – Kremlin profile". Retrieved 5 February 2010.[dead link]
- "Ukraine agrees to buy gas from Russia at US $321 for thousand cu m". UNIAN. 3 November 2008. Retrieved 5 February 2010.
- "Sibneft Shareholders Choose New President, Board of Directors". Gazprom Neft. 23 December 2005. Retrieved 5 February 2010.