|Born||July 13, 1975|
Evtimov was born in Ruse, Bulgaria in 1975. He graduated from the College of Arts in Ruse and the Music Academy – Sofia in the cello class of prof. Bogomil Karakonov and in the Chamber music class of prof. Ventzeslav Nikolov.
Subsequently he obtained concert and soloist diplomas at the High School of Music and Theater – Bern in the cello class of prof. Conradin Brotbek.
In 1998, still a student, he began playing in the symphonic orchestra of Lausanne. Two months later he was nominated for a solo cello of the same orchestra. At the same time he met Pierre Amoyal, who invited him to become the solo cello of “Camerata de Lausanne”.
He has been a featured soloist at music festivals in France, Germany, Ireland, Austria, Japan, etc.
Evtimov has performed as a soloist of many orchestras, including the London Philharmonic Orchestra, the Bern, Graz, Sofia and Lausanne Symphonic Orchestras and has given recitals in cities all around the world, including London, Tokyo, and Dublin, Ireland.
He took part in chamber formations with Mstislav Rostropovich, Schlomo Mintz, Yuri Bashmet, Pierre Amoyal, Jorg Demus, etc. He recorded for ARD, ZDF, radio Espace 2 CH, radio ТSR – 1 CH, Radio Camerata – Tokio, National Radio of Bulgaria, Bulgarian and Argentinian television.
In 2008 he decided to return to Bulgaria. He left his post in Sinfonietta de Lausanne and undertook soloist activity in Bulgaria. In January 2009 he was invited to play at the opening of Chamber Music Festival Sofia, dedicated to the 130th anniversary since Sofia was 'crowned' as Bulgaria's capital. In January 2010 he was invited to play with Theodosiy Spassov at a concert dedicated to the 75th anniversary of the Bulgarian National Radio. The occasion took place on the stage of the Bulgarian National Theatre "Ivan Vazov".
- www.ruseinfo.net. Retrieved February 25, 2010.
- Standart. Standart News Ltd. Retrieved August 06, 2009
- "Sofia Hosts Chamber Music Festival". Standart. Standart News Ltd. Retrieved December 20, 2009.
- Standart. Standart News Ltd. Retrieved December 22, 2009
- 24 hours. Retrieved March 02, 2010
- Our cellist took over Skopie paper.standartnews.com (Bulgarian)
- Sofia Hosts Chamber Music Festival paper.standartnews.com]
- The love for the school gathered together musicians from three countries
- Vanessa Mae brakes the rule because of a Bulgarian
- Photos from Camerata de Lausanne under Pierre Amoyal, Macao International Music Festival
- With Theodosiy Spassov
- www.kultura.bg (Bulgarian)
- Konstantin Evtimov concert www.novamakedonija.com.mk (Macedonian)